Alert Setting option (Alert Schedule)

First off, love the camera (for the value). Quick question/request for Alert Schedule under Alert Settings. Right now, the only options are “all day” or “set alert schedule”. The “all day” feature is only good if one is on vacation or observing an room/area with very little traffic. The “set alert schedule” is good for the most part (mainly Monday to Friday) since one can set from 9am to 6PM (work hours). On the weekends, that’s a different story since I’m at home during the day. Can you guys add a feature/function for “weekend schedule”? I’m sure I’m not the only person who’s requesting this. It would be a great option as I currently turn off the alert settings for both my Wyze cams on the weekends. Sometimes I forget to turn it back on when I leave the house. Thanks for your help

1 Like

I passed this along to the keeper of the request list. More scheduling options are definitely in the works. In the mean time, you can use IFTTT as a workaround to turn on/off motion detection on a more detailed schedule.

I have a Yi and a Wyze. The only thing I like better about the Yi is the scheduling function. It provides three schedules: you pick the active hours and days for each (I only use two, one for weekdays and one for weekends). If you folks offered the same I’d be a really happy camper and would likely replace the Yi and add a couple more Wyze.

1 Like

This topic has now been added to #roadmap. You can now VOTE for it with the button at the top of the page.

Could you please add the ability to select the alerts schedule for specific days of the week? I work from home a few days a week, and a few of my camera are used for security. I’d like to receive notifications for the specific days when I’m not in the house, not for the days when I’m home and setting it off as I wander around.

Thanks for your consideration of this request.

1 Like

Hi Rhiannon, I’d be sure to pass this feature request to the team!

this would be a great addition to the app!!!

I concur. Please add day to day scheduling to the app.

Is this feature request in the works yet? I think this would be a great enhancement!

Even though this isn’t found in the alert schedule itself, it can currently be accomplished by using the Shortcuts/Task feature in the app:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015658451-Tasks

Perhaps introduce a calendar/day of week type feature under the alert schedule…similar to our phone alarm clocks.

Would be nice to set up one alert schedule while i’m at work and another for the weekends. Or for those who have a new work schedule on a daily basis (retail/food service) it would be nice to set up multiple schedules at once. With everyone’s busy schedule i’m sure many of us will forget to set up/turn on the alert schedule. Hopefully an easy firmware update?

1 Like

Would like to be able to schedule motion alerts by days of the week, so that I do not have to go into the app and disable on weekends.

I’ve added your request to Wyze’s feature request tracker. In fact, its development is already in progress.

Is there any updates on this? I would like to get several more cameras but it is a show stopper if the schedule cannot be adjusted to days of the week.

Schedule by day of week can be accomplished using the app’s shortcut/task feature:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015658451-Tasks

Thanks. I will get 2 more

It would be nice if I could set the alerts for motion detection to trigger on certain days of the week, and certain times.

Also, potentially different alert schedules for each type of alert would be super handy.

I’ve added your wish for greater granularity of the scheduling options for alerts settings to Wyze’s feature request tracker.

That said, you can currently set this up using the Shortcuts feature at the top of the Devices screen. You can set up a task there with a trigger at a certain time on certain days and make the action to enable motion detection on any set of cameras. Then set up another task to turn it off.

Has any attention been paid to an update with programming specific days to provide alerts, instead of either every day or none? A simple option of Monday - Friday and Saturday - Sunday would be greatly helpful. I’m sure others are also looking for some variability like this.

1 Like

Please add my vote to being able to schedule individual day parts. ??