Ability to customize groups - Group multiple product (Device) types together

YES!!! FINALLY someone who seems to understand EXACTLY what I was going for!! LOL!! I feel heard. Thank you for posting a response! I hope they get this taken care of soon!!

Just in the interests of making this important thread more visible,

100% agree with everything you guys have said. I think I commented further up a long time ago. Never heard that anything was happening on it tho.

Interesting to hear the rumor about the new app as well

Yes, this topic has such merit and value!! Thanks for helping to elevate this!!

Yay. Hope you can get some traction!

Device Groups with multiple device types (I.e, organizing by room)

Change the current device grouping options to be more flexible in what devices can be in a group!

Great Suggestion!!! Have been wanting this for a long time!

Thank you!!! I have also been waiting for this… Other companies (varying sizes) have done this. I dont know how difficult it is but I have to believe, not very.

Keeping fingers crossed!!

How does one create a group?

1 Like

Welcome to the community @lewbythebay

To create a Device group, simply start the app and click the + at the top left of your screen, then select Add device group followed by the type of device group you are creating.

1 Like

How does one create a Group with cameras, lights and outlets in it? You know, like normal Apps?

1 Like

Not sure what you would consider a normal app as each vendor implements things differently. However, whenever you add different devices together, that is normally called a room. Then within that room you can group like devices, similar to what Google Nest Hub offeres.

If you use Alexa, it works similar to how Wyze provides it initially. you can then create a room and add devices to that room.

Wyze is updating some of these features, so not sure what you would like me to answer here as you know what the answer would be. I provided the answer to the question that was asked. Seeing the icon on your Avatar indicates you are a beta tester, so not sure why you are asking questions to things you already know the answer to.

But as indicated in other posts, all opinions and posts are welcomed as long as they follow the guidelines and rules of the forum.

So can you tell, me if Wyze has a multiple location log in toggle?? Basically, I have 2 separate residwnces/ locations using wyze equipment. Requiring individual accounts per residence. Other apps allow for this and merely have a way to select which location you’d like to view. does Wyze have this? I can’t find it…

Thanks in advance…

So are you saying I can create a group at a whole other location (different state) into its own group and the my main residence as another group utilizing ONE Login to access both?

If you have 2 accounts, one per location, you would need to log on as that user to see the devices. Wyze does not offer, at this time, a method to switch between locations or multiple accounts.

If you use your single account for both locations, then you can group cameras together based on location. you can name the group with a designation of the location it is at.

Yet another missing function that is standard with many other Apps. It’s yet another decision based on poor design and development. Groups(Like function/usage)/Rooms(Living Room, Garage, etc)/Locations (e.g. Home 1 and Home 2) should not be rocket science, or require us to wait for years. I don’t need a Maven response thanks - you guys try but you don’t actually have any real insights and you defend Wyze unnecessarily. The company needs to get it’s act together soon.

However, since the new App is due out soon (?), we will wait and see what they change.

1 Like

So as a forum maven are you a moderator or also an employee? Do you have knowledge that average users aren’t privy to? I contributed to this thread over a year ago and really nothing is different. Grouping items by device category helps a little but at the least room and favorite concepts would allow you to really separate and clean up the interface and move things off the main screen to reduce clutter. I really don’t need to see my vacuum, Bluetooth lamps and garage door on the main or same page. Using the Alexa app as template is a good first step but that app doesn’t even have the concept of multiple locations.

1 Like

I am not an employee, I am a volunteer to help in the forums. There are also Moderators who are volunteers as well.

We are not necessarily privy to what Wyze is working on or doing. We do have an ability to escalate some items, provided we have a log and ticket number.

We try to assist individuals when things are going wrong and will tag some other individuals or Wyze staff who is working the issue.

I and others have most of the products so that we can test, use, and support individuals. To date, I have not had any major issues, is there room for improvement, sure, but I get timely notifications, my bulbs and plugs work and find that things perform well for me.

I have also tested the Wyze products with a few different routers to see which one works better, over all. This also included non Wyze product as well.

I believe Wyze is working on a refresh of the app, I don’t know what this will include. I, like you, am hoping for a more robust app experience to accommodate room grouping, landscape, and dark mode at a minimum. On Android you can force dark mode, but I would rather it be native.

I also use Home Assistant as I like smart tech and use most of the Wyze Products in it. But I only use it for testing, validation, and see what is possible.

Also note: I have used: Smart Things, Hubitat, Home Assistant, Wyze, and another setup (name escapes me), I have also been through numerous different camera systems. I have found that Wyze provides the biggest bang for the buck. I have also experienced similar concerns with the other products and in some cases worse issues.

So, sorry for the lengthy response, but I am well versed in most of the different technologies and understand the pros and cons. The Mavens and Mods are here to help and support individuals in the community based forum. We support each other in getting to an answer, if possible.

2 Likes

Here is something I did in home Assistant, but it does not include Motion or Contact Sensors, but as indicated, I experiment with the products.

Imagine at the top of the screen where it says Home and Lights, you can have it be Address 1 and Address 2.

These are just some options which are out there. Some have even provided a means to get the Cameras loaded, which I have not done yet.

If Wyze came out with the ability to create Dashboards, that would be a game changer for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your response!! I’ll see about putting on one a count.

2 Likes