Ability to customize groups - Group multiple product (Device) types together

I’ve got a couple of properties with Wyze set up. Would love to see the ability to group products. For example - I have a cottage and would love to group my cameras, sensors and bulbs for that property. Right now I’ve got 3 separate listings for that property (cameras, sensors, bulbs)

[Mod Edit]: Title modified to be more inclusive and to enhance search clarity.

The Grouping feature as implemented is kind of braindead.
How about an enhancement to have location-based (or other freeform description-based) groups?

This should be trivial to implement…

Backyard Group (here I can put my cameras in the backyard and side yards)
Home Group (here I can group all the devices in my home, so multiple homes are possible)
Garage Group (here I can put my garage camera, along with the motion detector and the contact switches for the garage)
Office Group (guess what goes here! :slight_smile: )
etc…

5 Likes

Right now we have “Group Products”, but this option only allows to group products by product type. But for those who have several Wyze’s items on different locations, could be nice to have a group option base on Location. These can help to group different types of products depending on their location.

This feature can allow Wyze to, later on, add Location base features like location map of the products or actions based on location.

4 Likes

Similar to the Google Home app, allow for the creation of rooms, where I can place multiple items (at this point applicable only to cams and lights, but could be expanded when more products are available).

I would love to be viewing the camera in my boys’ room, and from the same screen have the ability to tap a button and turn the lights on/off–or in the near future, turn on/off a smart plug, or smart switches that I hope are coming soon!

3 Likes

Will there be an option to group smart plugs and bulbs together?

I have a lamp with wyze bulbs and a table lamp that I want to group together and cannot find a way to do it.

Am I missing something?

5 Likes

Even without multiple properties, I would like to group devices by room.

2 Likes

Same wish here. One lamp with one Wyze Smart Bulb. Another lamp with two dumb bulbs and one Wyze Smart Plug. Would be nice to group them together.

2 Likes

Want to bump this up. I would like to group my basement entry sensor, camera and motion sensor together. I have multiple devices in the same room so it makes sense to logically group them together. I almost never have more than one of the same device in a location so grouping by device doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

Would be nice to be able to group devices by location as opposed to only being able to group them by device.

1 Like

To make the system more helpful it would be great to be able to group different devices together in the same group, not like it currently is where you have to group cameras together, sensors together etc.

If I am creating an automation where I have 2 sensors that turn on a light, I would like to group the 2 sensors together with the light so that they are easily recognizable as the controlled device and the controlling sensors. Also, this may allow a future ability for easily having any of the sensors in the group turn on all of the controlled devices in the group. IE: I have a basement with 3 Wyze bulbs and 2 motion sensors and 2 contact switches. Have the ability if any of the sensors close/open or sense motion it could turn on all three bulbs at the same time with only one rule/automation programmed into the group.

To go along with this it would be great to be able to program devices or sensors into multiple groups. IE if in my previous example it could chime (other wish list item) or turn on a remote light indication that someone is in the basement, but I may want this “warning light/chime” to turn on or off for multiple triggers, so it would need the ability to be in multiple groups.

rvl

I’m not sure if there is a way to do this, but what would be really helpful for me is to be able to group my Wyze products together by location (e.g., home, rental property, mom’s house) and then be able to turn the products on and off by one tap of that bell. I have about 8 products in one location, two in another, and one in another. Currently, I have to go into each product on the app and turn off notifications individually. It would be more helpful/efficient if I could do it as a group. Is this possible?

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @mgales926! Take a look at this help article on grouping products here. This may help you some. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you! I checked out the article and it really doesn’t address my issue, but I really appreciate the recommendation! I’m new to the Wyze community and don’t know all I need to know to get the most out of this product, but so far I love it!

1 Like

You are welcome! I thought it sounded like you were wanting more than the basic grouping, but I thought I would at least share the current product grouping article with you. The tag in this topic is in “researching” so that means it is on Wyze’s radar. Hopefully, it will move to “development” in the near future. If you haven’t already, you can vote for this at the top of this thread on the left.

We need to be able to organize the devices in different ways not just by grouping like devices in the same room but Grouping unlike devices, similar to Google Home. I saw another idea further up suggesting an Automation Group, this is a great idea.

Here is my opinion on using a device tree to logically place devices, using device groups at the final level.

1. Top Level: Grouping by Location/Property

2. Second Tree Level: Floor

3. Third Tree Level: Room or Area

4. Device Grouping Options, alot of this assumes the ability to add the same device to multiple groups.
    a. Like Device Grouping, cameras, light bulbs etc.
    b. Automation Groups,

The events pane should also have the ability to filter based on location within the tree.

5 Likes

YES YES YES! That’s perfect and what I was going for! Thank you for spelling it out so succinctly!

1 Like

Can there be a way to have a group of groups? I am using about 20 plugs throughout the entire house have groups for each room in the house and groups for the front and back yards and would like to have a group of inside groups and a group of outside groups.

Now that I’m officially addicted to Wyze.

I’d like to be able to have some sort of house holding concept within the Wyze app, essentially grouping multiple Wyze products together in to a location that contains all those devices.

Example:
Home - 9 cams, 4 plugs, 2 bulbs
Work - plug
Parents house - cam and 2 plugs.

1 Like

Sorry, for this is a drastic revamp of my original comment from last night! This should make more sense. I know this topic has been beat to death, but I’ll just sharing my vision as related to typical IT management systems.

I have devices at 4 properties, the house, the dock at the marina, the vacation mobile home and the barn where the boat is stored in the winter. Really need the ability to group a mixed set of devices at a location, rather than listing all of a device type together when they are in multiple locations.

Also, maybe a person has a “system” they’ve put together that uses multiple Wyze devices. Going back to my cat littler box from another post, in that “system” there’s a camera, a sensor and an outlet and there’s one of those “systems” at each of our houses. Currently I can’t group those mixed items.

I guess coming from an IT background and using a lot of wide-area network monitoring packages, like SolarWinds and Nagios, I feel like that type of grouping is more logical. Honestly, as people add more and more devices, a basic network map of Wyze devices to look at, somewhere in the app or an outline style list, would be a nice logical way to look at one’s network of devices. I know people have more Wyze devices than me and I already have 15 or so, with more planned this winter.

1 Like

Would be nice to have AREA or LOCATION type GROUP for any device be assigned.

What WYZE is doing - grouping same type device due to data structure of each device.
So for WYZE to group any device into any group would mean each data structure must be supported in AREA or LOCATION defined group. A major change to current mobile app and changes for any new device.
Probably something on WYZE to do list for ADVANCED or PREMIER type account for $$ !