A few suggestions/comments for the cam pan - 24 hour review

Hey @cam1 I think I can answer a few of your questions/concerns. :sunglasses:

on #4 I believe this was covered in a topic recently but I’m having trouble finding it but for the audio, the audio on the pan cam is true 2way audio. I believe when you mute the microphone you may be muting the incoming audio as well. try talking without that and see if they can just speak back freely.

#7 there currently is an outdoor cam in development. we haven’t gotten details on it yet but it is marked as in development and was recently mentioned in a Q&A I think. so that is coming but I couldn’t tell you a timeline. I wouldn’t suggest putting out cameras outdoors in a damp location, especially the pan cam as all its moving parts are unsealed and would be VERY susceptible to moisture.

#9 I recently made a post about SD cards as there have been a multitude of issues with cards. many of these are due more to the card itself and not so much the camera and its effects on the cards. I wouldn’t recommend a general Kingston card for our cameras. being on the fairly lower level of card quality I would think they might be prone to failing due to constant writing and rewriting. so far a few people have mentioned cards they like and or have had luck with, check out this post as it might help with your card issue

#10 there is talk about possibly bringing back cam colors ( I think only in black though) but its not a high priority right now. one alternative you might like ( and its reversible if you don’t like it or needs change) there is a gentleman on these forums that is making vinyl wraps for some of the cameras, I purchased a few from him for my V2’s and love them. I have already reached out to him about being able to let people know who he is if he would be cool with it so they could buy some wraps, but I haven’t heard back yet. if I do, ill let you know how to contact him.

*# 11 I think this is being worked on and might be in beta soon

#12 they are currently working on real time streaming protocol (RTSP) and I believe maybe be in testing in beta soon as well. its something that has been requested for quite a while and has quite the demand. they mentioned that were working on it in the last Q&A here is a link to the RTSP post and it is labeled as in development

Hope this helps.

1 Like