A couple of wishes

I own several cameras with the latest firmware and beta app…and I like the person/motion detection but I’d like to remove the green box that appears when recording detection to the card. I understand the rectangular box is used for motion or person detection but I’d like the developers to look at detecting motion but without that green box.

Two, the ability to access the IP address on the camera that would allow us to view the contents of the MicroSD card & tinkering settings securely via web browser. Instead of constantly removing the card to copy videos, I’d like the browser option and leave the MicroSD card untouched in the card reader.

Lastly, a 4K version (or 3MP) of Wyzecam and in stealth black.

1. From the live stream, tap the More button, the Motion Tagging to turn off the green boxes.

2. Knowing the IP address would still not let you directly access the SD card because it is not exposed by the firmware. However, you can vote for this feature here:

In the future PLEASE SEARCH the Wishlist and Roadmap categories BEFORE submitting a new Wishlist topic. Use these links to search each category:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after Wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after Roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

Thank you. The only reason I asked here is because support via email told me that the boxes could not be turned off with event detection. If they were turned off, I would lose motion detection and person detection. Hence my wish here.

1 Like

Turning off tagging will not adversely affect either Person Detection or Motion Detection. I have it turned off on most of my cameras and person and motion detection work just fine.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try it out

Support may have been referring to the box used to set the detection zone. That is different and separate from the motion tagging boxes.

1 Like