3rd party cameras

I want to connect a USB camera extension to make the camera more hidden but I want to still be able to use and control it from the app is there a way to do this?

What do you mean by a “USB camera extension” ??

It’s a camera the is attached via usb cord, It has not web abilities and I want to use it as the camera and the camera as basically a connection to the internet

Sorry, I’m still not getting what you’re asking for. If you are asking if you can use a USB extension cord to get the camera further away from the wall socket, then the answer is “yes”. Or you can purchase a longer USB cord such as this:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00W21M4BS/?coliid=I38HPHU1Y0IIKK&colid=3K73YJVX0VDMI&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

If you are asking something else, please try again and provide as much detail as you can.

If you’re asking if you can connect a USB webcam to the USB port on the back of the Wyze Cam, that’s not possible. The USB port is only used to provide power via USB to a second Wyze cam.

1 Like

That’s not enterily correct as with the sense bridge sharing the wifi connection of the camera it is attached to there must be some form of data connection possible in the USB port. Though access able to end users is diffrent question.

Yes, this was posted before the Sense Bridge was released and prior to that the USB port was not used for data at all. It’s now clear that the USB port can communicate with connected devices if the appropriate driver/firmware support is there.

1 Like