2.22 app, Wyze cam v3 & Watch 47 firmware Beta Test 6/23/2021

2.22 beta App:
version:

• iOS: 2.22.11(2)
  • Android: 2.22.11

What’s new :

• Changed app operating system (OS) compatibility from Android 5.0+/ iOS 9.0+ to Android 7.0+/ iOS 12.0+
  • Improved the Message Center
  • Optimized Device List UI
  • Added Wyze Watch 44 and 47mm to the bulk firmware update page
  • Optimized Wyze Floor Lamp setup logic and Device tab UI
  • Bug fixes

Wyze Cam v3 :

version: 4.36.3.19

*** Upgrade 4.36.3.18 first. This update will take longer than usual because some firmware source code libraries are being updated.***

What’s new:

• Improved Spotlight recognition
  • Updated Spotlight settings
  • Bug fixes

Wyze Watch 47mm :

Version: 0.12.49

What’s New:

• Turned off continuous heart rate measurement by default
  • Optimized ANC connection
  • Solved the abnormal connection problem from version 0.12.48 that caused issues such as watch face syncing failure
9 Likes

How does this work? I can’t seem to find a way to trigger it in the app yet.

4 Likes

Just loaded the app and all the beta FW as well. But as @MyBoredMind has asked, how do you do a spot clean?

This feature required Firmware upgrade, but the firmware is not ready for beta test yet. So I will take this feature out of what’s new. Sorry about the confusion.

9 Likes

lol, spoiler by accident

7 Likes

Ahhh… I was all set to clean an area too… :slight_smile:

1 Like

V3 cameras updated without incident. Neither app version update available. For the *&^%$#@ iPhone, TestFlight E-Mailed me that there was the update available 3 1/2 hours ago - but it’s not.
I do note the new names for the apps on both the Google Play Store and TestFlight. Both show that I am current:
Android: v2.21.26
iOS: v2.21.26 (2)

1 Like

What does “Upgrade 4.36.3.18 first” mean? I’ve got probably a dozen V3’s, many not plugged in, some 900 miles away, ordered in January from the factory and still unopened. Do I have to upgrade to 4.36.3.18 first before I upgrade further?
And if so how do I upgrade to 4.36.18?

No problem. Thanks for the clarification. Thought I was missing something.

Like last go around only about half of my V3s updated without being power cycled first. I still have one at a remote location that won’t take update. I will power cycle and try again tomorrow. Software restart doesn’t help.

In my case, when I did the upgrade, it did .18 first. Once the .18 was completed it stayed indicting that there was an update for the camera I just updated, it was .19.

So basically, there will be 2 updates per V3 camera

1 Like

v2.22.11 FINALLY showed up for me on the Play Store for my android, but TestFlight still thinks that my v2.21.26(2) is current for my @#$%^& iPhone.

The good news is that v2.22.11 for the Android fixes the white bar at the bottom during playback when in landscape orientation.

It was on TestFlight this afternoon for about an hour. They have removed it after. I did the v3s firmwares updates in two steps without issues. I don’t know why they have removed it from TestFlight.

Anyone else have problems updating the Watch? Mine gets to 16% then starts over and repeats. Then says update failed. Another guy on Facebook said he was having the same problem. Except his was getting to 12%.

1 Like

Mine updated without issue. sometimes you can restart the app and it will work

1 Like

mine did fail the 1st time, not sure what % it was at. 2nd attempt was good

1 Like

Thanks I’ll try that.

Regarding upgrade
I had just upgraded a V3 to .18 a few hours prior to reading this thread, it went through fine, reported success so I continued.
But @WyzeAndy I’m wondering if I will have to do a multi step process to upgrade from (for instance) 4.36.0.252 to 4,36.3.19 (or a future version).

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the update.

Curious, when you go to the FW update page, the camera on 4.36.0.252, does it show up as needing an update and to which version?