WyzeCam becoming more & more unusable?

Wyze generally allows discussion of competing products here. It’s in the forum rules.

So spending hundreds of dollars for a new router/modem is the solution?

A Hobson’s choice if there ever was one. Shame on Wyze!

@missabe77 @philliparticola

They may be considering a Wyze branded wireless router at $100-200. Then again, they maybe not. It all depends. :wink:

True @missabe77, I was so frustrated at this point that spending a couple hundred EACH on new routers at both my house and my office to solve my WyzeCam issue is crazy!

I was so happy at how inexpensive wyzecams are, I spent $400+ On new routers just to keep them working!

Doesn’t make them so inexpensive anymore, does it?

2 Likes

Nini,

Your helping all of us. Wyze is just slowing pushing the people who got their first cameras to get the cam plus. I’m looking for another company to provide me what is needed, instead of milking the money.

1 Like

I have 7 cams some as old as 4 plus years. Lately 2 of them have died. They won’t connect so I deleted and added them back. Still won’t connect to my Wi-Fi. I decided to chuck them but save the mini cards. Neither card will delete or format. Fails on 3 windows and 1 MacBook. Weird.

If they are V1/V2 cameras you might want to try the DaFang firmware, if you need IP based cameras running RTSP.

Their junk…Wyze.Period. I have a Colt Pythons 357 mag you can use.

Personally the camera performance has got worse and worse as time has gone on. Ive been with wyze since v1’s and in the last 6 months ive done more troubleshooting of my set up than at any other time. The iOS app is unstable to say the least, one example can be pick any camera, click on Album and watch the screen flash… sometimes it will show you the videoa you have, other times it wont, and yet other times it may show you all but one of your videos (or pictures). thats just once example…

I will not be replacing any of my set up as each of them trips-the-light-fantastic. just means im going to have to research their replacements (and ill never buy anything tied to Amazon)…

Its a shame that wyze fell in live with the rest of greedy corporate america… they were really good when they started out.

DeVoiD

2 Likes

That’s wat I did. I replaced my deco with asus. And now I got issue with no internet connection with asus. Sux

I’ve recently spoken to WYZE over the Outdoor Cameras I bought for the ability to save the footage on the microSD card only to find out the Camera doesn’t save any footage to the microSD card because it drains the battery too fast. SO… I bought a bundle of cameras for the sole purpose of recording video on the microSD card only to be told a year later that WYZE knew about the cameras inability to record video on the mircoSD card because they (the engineers) changed the software so footage could not be recorded on microSD card.

On top of that… the base station that you must also buy to connect to the wireless cameras continue to also have issues and don’t work. WYZE sent me another base station when the first one stopped working and now the new one doesn’t work either. Now Wyze wont refund my money. WYZE used to be amazing and they have become a corrupt company that has taken advantage of their customers.

I couldn’t agree more. I have been a wise customer since the beginning and I bought so many for our home and for our business. I told all of our friends about them. I bought many of them for gifts. Lately, their service has been so awful. Their customer service is even worse. They literally do not care at all that their product is Garbage. If I get a notification that something is happening at my home or my business, it takes me at least two tries to load the app and by the time I get anything to load the incident that occurred is already over. The cameras didn’t record when we had somebody vandalize our business. So the entire reason that I purchased the cameras they didn’t work for that purpose. So being frustrated to say the least, I had contacted customer service over and over asking them to make it right and they just sent me Emails with the same information about updating my firmware and checking my Internet. As a previous user mentioned, these cameras are in two different locations with two different Internet set ups and neither of them function properly.

I would definitely not buy these cameras again, and if anybody asks me, I tell them to stay clear of Wyze cameras and other products. Even my plugs require me to uninstall and reinstall them multiple times to work when they randomly stop working. I have smart plugs from another company that I have never had to set up again after initial set up. On the same side AB’s in the same house.

It’s a shame because this used to be a wonderful company. I also am researching new cameras and can’t wait to get some thing that finally works as it’s intended to. It’s just a shame I spent so much money on Wyze.

It’s a shame, because any honest review on TikTok or other social media they just delete and hide to disguise the fact that their products have gone downhill and don’t work anymore.

The saying “You get what you pay for” should be Wyze’s Trade Mark :upside_down_face:

If you are NOT technically inclined you are better off with other more reliable brands of cameras that cost more :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve run tests from many partitioning programs and it seems wyze sends programing to the sd card to render them non-functional. see attached photo