WyzeCam becoming more & more unusable?

1 Like

image for an answer?

https://vimeo.com/524222977

(Suggested ‘on hold’ tune.)

I appreciate your help. I tried thiis during my 2 phone caalls to cust serv. Toggling back and forth= no change, remove and re-install camera =no change. Still have only B&W.
The disenchantment (unhappy) I have is due to the fact: cameras worked well and in color before the last update in November 2021 and are now rendered defective. Wyze wants to distance itself instead of providing good customer service for a problem they created.

[quote="WyzeBaohua, post:34, topic:208090, full:true"]
Sorry for the trouble. Could you please submit a log and send me a screenshot about the HMS page on 2.27.32? Thank you.
[/quote]

![image|281x500](upload://mK10MzKVTsA5kw8OjSHkESkVwgZ.png)

Thanks @spamoni I have the Deco X60s and now that I think about it, they could be the root of the problem too. I’ll try getting a router like the one you suggest or another model to see how it works.

1 Like

Per @spamoni ’s suggestion, I updated my Wi-Fi routers at work to the ASUS RT-AX86U and my home router to the dual unit ASUS AiMesh ZenWiFi XD6 with an Ethernet as the connector between both routers and boy, the video from my Wyze cams are back to being smooth again at work and at home!

I also set up a guest network that is 2.4Ghz only for the Wyze cams as I figured it might help the cans as well not having the 5Ghz with the same SSID.

But anyway, I’m back to having smooth video with the Wyze cams. Turns out even with an updated WiFi 6 Deco router system, it just couldn’t handle streaming the video very smoothly of the Wyze Cams. Not sure if that’s a design flaw in the Wyze Cams as those deco routers handled every other video stream like a champ, NetFlix, youtube, even streaming out to youtube, etc,

So, if you have crappy performance from your wyzecams, your router is very likely the place where you can solve the issue quickly and easily, by replacing it with a better performing router.

4 Likes

That was my finding as well. I now have my Deco x60’s in the closet back in the box. It is a shame as they are nice devices, but just could not handle the camera streams.

Glad it worked out for you.

I had a similar experience. I finally upgraded to that same Asus mesh router at @spamoni suggestion and things connect so much better than they used to. I love it. :slight_smile:

Kind of an expensive solution at just under $400 isn’t it? :thinking:

1 Like

Don’t be so negative. Here’s some fake cash:

:dollar: :moneybag: :money_with_wings: :money_mouth_face:

Yea, 399 for the XT8 and 329 for the XD6. But it is worth it for peace of mind. :slight_smile:

I actually got the XT8 for the 329 price when it was on sale.

Considering I have nearly 200 devices using my Internet constantly now, and I now have 1Gbps up and down…I needed a fairly high end reliable mesh router to handle the extreme load and be able to broadcast a 1Gbps bandwidth. I’m sure most people will be fine with less expensive solutions though, especially since few people need speeds up to 1Gbps like I did.

I guess the point is that when I finally got a router that fit my needs all my devices worked great. I’m sure there are tons that would work just as well, but I can only vouch for the one I actually tried. :slight_smile:

Don’t fight it, @spamoni , scratch that itch for the new new and help a brother out… :wink:

In my never ending quest to make this a class thing…

…journalist Matt Taibbi, whose dad was a working class journalist, and who counts himself as an upper class journalist, talks about the raised media island that mainstream upper class journalists inhabit at big events and their surprise at the disdain they experience from crowds whom they feel they are faithfully serving…

There must be some way to shoehorn this cleanly into this situation but I haven’t found it yet…

/edit

Ok…

On a mission to make smart home technology accessible to everyone.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/wyzelabs

which morphed into this:

Make great technology accessible to everyone.

https://wyze.com/our-story

Definition of accessible

Easily approached or entered.

So technically true, I suppose.

Like approaching that hot [preemptive ‘mod’ edit] gal at the bar, ‘anyone’ can do it - though how effectively is another story altogether… :wink:

:rofl: Nope. Things are working great - Knock on Wood.

1 Like

My speeds are much lower…15mb down/4mb up. No router is going to fix that.

:frowning_face:

If you lived within range I would share our 400/20 * with you, Dollar Bill… :grin:

* wheedled from ISP at a ‘working class’ rate; I wheedle fairly effectively…

I’ve been there.

My previous ISP was Comcast essentials (I think it used to be the same speeds as yours and then later went to 25Mbps, and then recently updated to 50Mbps in some areas. But it was still cable and thus daisy chaining with the whole neighborhood, not to mention the Xfinity ISP dropping constantly, and it was insanely frustrating! I only kept Xfinity because they had a monopoly, and there weren’t other realistic choices at the time.

As you said, even a good router can’t fix all those issues! But either way my connectivity issues at the time weren’t really Wyze’s fault… It was a mix of my ISP, dns, bandwidth, and router. Once I fixed all those, it was fine.

I like my Wyzecams a lot but wireless is really for the birds. Instead of getting a $400 router I’m more likely to put in wired cameras.

proxy-image(14)

2 Likes

May I ask if you would be much disturbed if PM Trudeau advised POTUS that surveillance cams should be deprived you and yours indefinitely - disturbed by the permanent lack of sureveillance cams, I mean, not by the perfectly reasonable actions of our heads of state. :slight_smile:

I believe I would adjust rather easily.