Wyze Week 2022 - Community Appreciation Day - COUPON DROP

That one is in Reddit currently.

1 Like

Dont forget the Discord Live event.

Discord.gg/wyze

Not quite understanding, but I went to the website based on the email received for community app. Day from Wyze. I clicked on the link and it took me to a page that included an offer of 30% off for the Wyze earbuds pro. It says by becoming part of the community, I will receive that code for 30% off the price. I don’t see a code that I can use for that. Where is the code?

I’m slightly disappointed in my wyze experience. I got the LETITFLOW coupon code for the air purifier, applied it to my cart for $20 off. It said free shipping so that’s cool. Entered my cc number, verified everything and clicked Purchase and it failed saying that the shipping cost wasn’t valid and proceeded to charge me $6 for shipping!! Why? Everything was going so well…

That code is currently on Twitter

I am sorry that happened, you can try getting in touch with support.

Wyze Support

(206) 339-9646
Mon - Fri 4am - 8pm PT
Sat - Sun 8am - 4pm PT

We have our final coupon code drop for Community Appreciation Day!! :tada: :tada:

Enjoy 30% off Wyze Buds or Wyze Buds Pro

Use Coupon Code
BUDS4LIFE

Good until 8:00PM PT: Coupon extended until 6:00 AM PT tomorrow!!!

Thank you for being such a great community to spend time in, we love you all. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

same thing happened to me… not cool…

Wyze Buds Pro have been $61.99 all day and now that the 30% off code is available the price went back up to $81.99. Applying the 30% off code brings the price back down to around $60…

1 Like

It’s $5.99. Are you sure that’s too steep?

Also, the price in the store is still showing $61.99 but when added to the cart it jumps up to $81.99

I saw this too, but I believe this was a bug. As I understand it, the price was supposed to be $83.99 but have a coupon bring it back down into the 60s, but the website was showing the coupon price in error. It was doing the same thing earlier today too.

(EDIT: Brought it down to $57.40 for me :man_shrugging: )

2 Likes

I am told this is fixed now

2 Likes

Thank you! The Pro Buds will make an excellent Christmas gift for my wife! Can’t wait for her to open the gift on Christmas day.

3 Likes

Darn missed today, was working all day.

Discord Fireside 10K Member Extravaganza Summary

• Gwendolyn is doing well [after the surgery], but feeling sore. Gwendolyn’s mom is taking good care of them while they are playing Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. :slight_smile:
  • Facebook Core hit 50K users
  • Discord hit 10K Users
  • Wyze turned 5yrs old
  • They gave away $709.80 worth of prizes during the event (not including the coupon drops I believe). This was one of the main things. “Definitely our biggest Discord Giveaway by far, but it’s fitting for community day.”
  • Jimmy said he will probably keep active a coupon code called “PLEASE” which gives like $1 off your purchase. :slight_smile: So if you are buying something and not using any other coupon, consider trying “PLEASE” and see if you at least get $1 off.
  • Gwendolyn says that they can’t do anything without Jason seeing and noticing and keeping Gwendolyn in check when they are not supposed to be working. :rofl: “He sees it every time, like, there’s no way for me to escape from Jason. He’s everywhere!”
  • Props given to Jason for managing nearly all the social media while Gwendolyn is on PTO during Wyze Week.

Wyze Cofounder Dave Crosby dropped in on the event to talk to everyone! :star_struck:

So, I was one of the first winners (a 2-pack of Wyze Bulbs), and they discussed how I have been with Wyze for a while now, and Dave Says:

Carver deserves full-time job. He deserves a full salary.
On the forum I always read his comments and I’m like, man, that was perfectly stated. I don’t even need to say anything, like whenever I see [his stuff pops up?] it’s like: That’s exactly right.

Then started saying the same about all the great volunteers that do so much for Wyze. :slight_smile: Gwendolyn said:

You start giving our team the budget for that kind of thing, we’ve got a lot of great volunteers who do a lot of great work with us.

Then they joked around about raffling off a Wyze job to the community volunteers. :slight_smile: And Dave responded:

I love that, that would be easy. If they want to work for us, Hey man, any one of these guys, these are the guys we want. Yeah I would love that.

More discussion about other users in the event who want to work with Wyze. and Dave says:

If people like Wyze enough that they will come hang out with us on a Friday afternoon just to hang out and chat and then raffle off some stuff, these are the people we want working at Wyze. So, if there’s interest there, 100% apply and reach out to us, go through the backdoors, we’ll try to make it happen.

In general, actively open Wyze positions can always be found here:
https://jobs.lever.co/wyze
Anyone interested should definitely apply. Tell them what you like about Wyze and why you are interested in a job with them including if you’re involved in any of their communities. They’d love to hear about that.

Gwen talked about how @cyberdog_17 was trying hard to become a volunteer and said something about probably in the near future, and Dave said “Cyberdog is excellent as well.” Of course, Kyle had to chime in about Cyberdog’s overboard fanboy comments and then kindly rejected him with a “…but yeah…NO.” :rofl:

Oh yeah, KYLE joined in the fireside too! Kyle talked about how they came up with the idea of having him do the unboxings. He said when they are together they sit around and talk and throw out ideas and they were trying to think of entertaining and creative ways to talk about the products and they thought about how would we do it if we were talking to our own friends, and how would we want to explain what we do, and that’s how they decided to do the unboxing videos that have been really successful and how much fun they have making the videos and Kyle hopes that comes through. Regarding how awesome it is to make videos with everyone, Dave explains:

I have to like pretend…because we’re remote, right? So when we go film videos, we actually get to see each other in person and I have to pretend it’s not fun, for my wife, because she thinks I’m just going to hang out with my friends like we’re just hanging out. She’s like: “Are you guys even working?” And it’s like, “Yes, we’re making these videos,” you know, it’s a blast. We have a blast."

Kyle’s beard:

There were special requests for Kyle to share how he cares for his beard. He started to say that it starts with a goat that he acquired from a sheppard in Pompei…then said there is nothing too special, he just has a little clipper thing to keep the length in check. There were doubts expressed about the extent of his disclosure and something must be getting left out here. Kyle said maybe it’s all the candy and icecream he eats. So Gwendolyn was thinking that if they eat sweets maybe they can get a sweet beard too. Kyle said one day he trimmed his beard really short and in the next team meeting everyone on his team said they hated it and “Why did you do that!!!” and one of the team members told him: “Everything that you say now carries a lot less authority without your beard.” and since that day he hasn’t trimmed it that short anymore.

Gwendolyn suggested that if the beard gives such authority then maybe in meetings they need to start bringing fake versions of Kyle’s beard and pass it around like passing the conch shell around…maybe make a Kyle beard filter you can apply. This turned into a suggestion to make a Kyle Beard accessory you can attach to your Wyze Cam. Imagine decking out your Wyze cam with a Kyle Beard and Cowboy Hat accessory. They’ll have to discuss this more offline.

There were requests for him to do a live event of him doing the whole trimming/care routine to prove he’s not leaving out details. Maybe using the camera they used for the Treasure hunt. The rest of the details of this conversation have been omitted to protect people from HR snooping around. :rofl:

They discussed what is people’s favorite thing about the V3Pro. Major points were 2K and Edge AI. They explained how the Edge AI works. The cool thing is that it can work by itself. But if you use Cam Plus then if a detection doesn’t have a high confidence interval, then it will pass the video to the Cloud AI to double-check. Either way the notifications are faster, and the internal spotlight is helpful to see things in color or just for you it is helpful for letting you see things while you’re coming up to your house, etc.

Taylor was invited to join the chat party. She has been with Wyze for about 6 months in Marketing and customer engagements. She writes some of the things we see, tag-teaming with Kyle. That’s the “eye-level” of what she does anyway according to her. Others chimed in that if you have read Wyze’s SMS’s or in-app messages, or most of Wyze’s emails recently, then you’re probably reading the mastermind of Taylor. She also made a Canadian obvious email address to help out the Canadian users. It was a cool spur-of-the-moment spotlight.

Wyze Home Monitoring is coming to Canada!

Cam Plus Unlimited was highlighted (I love this service personally)

They asked who had the most Wyze Cams running, and everyone was posting their numbers. One person had 200 Wyze cams!

Kenny is still obsessed with the former Burger King Hotdog, and then he ducked out a little early.
Lots more talk about Food…I won’t summarize it all.

If you want to mess with @UserCustomerGwen they informed us that anytime they hear the word “plug,” there is an old ad that automatically just plays in their head free of charge forever that says “Plug it in, plug it in.” over and over again.
Examples Compilation

Jimmy’s Summary/Takeaways from this Fireside Event:

• Need a Pro-Pro camera to be able to hire Morgan Freeman
  • Kyle has got a great beard

Also:

This is a community that just turned one very recently, very near and dear to my heart. We would love for you guys to stick around and chat with us. It’s very positive and uplifting and helpful in here. And we would love to have more folks, more besties to hang out with chat with, and organize events to hang out with.

So if you had fun in this event, we do them about once every two months or so…(if you squint really hard), and we do regular giveaways and sometimes we’ve got exclusive coupon codes. We run polls to learn more about you guys to help inform us about the products that we’re making.

Gwendolyn was thanked for showing up despite recovering from surgery and responded:

He knows that there’s no way in heck I’d be able to miss community day

Gwendolyn was “THE Community person for ages”

This is my jam. These are my people and I really a lot of fear of missing out because I just wanted to hang out with all of you and I love you all very much.

In Jimmy’s honor of the Discord platform hitting 10K users, the last coupon code was related to the “For Jimmy!!!” campaign.

Thank you guys so much for hanging out with us. We love you so much. Thank you for being the best part of Wyze and making this job so much fun. And we will catch you guys.

(Lots of giveaways in between all of the above)
If you missed out, try to be at the next one! :wink:

12 Likes

Thanks carver! You always do an amazing job!

4 Likes

Aww, thanks buddy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I recorded it with Google recorder/transcription, which made it really easy to skip around and copy a few good quotes with minor corrections needed pretty easily. :slight_smile: Fairly easy to skim through and summarize key points that way.

But it is very helpful for the people who wished they could’ve been there, but had other obligations. Since this one can’t be replayed like on Youtube events, etc., it seems this can be beneficial for those who missed out. I can’t do anything about anyone missing out on the prizes, but at least they can get a quick summary of topics if they’re interested.

7 Likes

Thos was a very fun Community Event, i am thankful for everyone who came out. We Re already planning the next one.

11 Likes

It says this coupon code has expired. Any way it can be extended?