Wyze to launch home monitoring and security service

During checkout, it says “Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time”. What does this mean?

1 Like

Leak and temperature sensors coming in 2021:

2 Likes

The new sensors are about twice as big as the V1 sensors, but they use a AAA battery instead of cell batteries which is awesome because we can use rechargeables now.

1 Like

As far as any insurance discount, I’m sure that would have to include fire monitoring. No mention of any detectors with this launch.

The Wyze Cam alerts you and recognizes fire alarm sound. If you have monitoring in-place, technically you’re covered.

To clarify this statement: the professional monitoring service is required for functionality of the sensors and they cannot operate standalone

Is that accurate?

Why does Wyze still only support 2.4Ghz? Most of the Mesh systems try to use the 5Ghz band first.

When the launch goes live there should be another thread with the announcement, that will be the best place to get your questions answered

1 Like

It’s been live since 10am MST… (an hour and a half ago)

(website crashed while I was checking out though…sucks for me)

Had not officially launched, last statement I had seen was on Facebook that it would be launching shortly after 10am Pacific. Should be any moment.

It’s 30 mins passed already! Page still not publicly available.

No idea, I’m also interested in self monitoring. The page also states:

-No long-term contracts
Cancel anytime. We designed Wyze Home Monitoring to be straightforward.

Its coming

Sucks we can only use 1 redemption code…I need to use it for my free V3’s, so my other codes are all unusable…Amazon Pay, $10 off, $5 off, 10% off, etc. I thought they said the 10% off was supposed to be stackable…but it wouldn’t even allow me to enter in a second code while I was going through checkout. :sob:

1 Like

I agree, I would like a stand alone system that lets me monitor what I want. I was hoping for a more robust Wyze Sense replacement…not another paid service.

1 Like

I like the idea and the cost. However, the competition (Simplisafe) uses cell service along with wifi which, in my opinion, is a distinct advantage even with the increased cost. Loss of wifi can occur for a any number of reasons which can make the system useless.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried ordering today? I get “The payment is refused” regardless of the browser, card, etc. that i use. Also, while it originally accepted my 10% code and added free shipping (for orders over $99), it’s now rejecting the code. I don’t see any verbiage in the email regarding an exclusion of pre-order items, so i’m not sure what’s going on. Also, whereas phone support was offered this morning, it seems limited now to email only. I wonder if this is due to lunch breaks or if it’s indicative of a larger problem.

Do you know if the service would be available to Canada (if we managed to get our hands on the product) ?

1 Like

Exactly what im wondering too.