Wyze to launch home monitoring and security service

Wyze hasn’t checked in here much since after the day of the pre-order launch (you might have to call support instead if you want a Wyze employee answer), but I’ll answer what I know:

• For looking at it, so far there is only what is shown on screenshots or gifs or the video here: Professional Home Security Monitoring & Affordable Alarm System | Wyze – Wyze Labs, Inc. There is a little bit in there showing how it works.
  • It’s my understanding there has been a beta-testing program for this product/service running for several months, but it is full, and current testers are usually limited by a Non-Disclosure Agreement, though sometimes they drop part of that after pre-orders start (to allow them to help answer questions)…however, nobody has yet publicly admitted to being a beta-tester for this one, so it seems like the NDA is still in effect for this product/service until they feel they’ve worked some more stuff out first (again, that’s just my logical deduction).

Absolutely yes. This is answered in the FAQ’s in the support Help Center section https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360011048512-Home-Monitoring-FAQ
and also addressed in the product launch announcement thread. In fact, there are actually a lot more answers in general in that launch thread here:
https://forums.wyze.com/t/24-7-professional-monitoring-meets-your-wyze-home-12-8-20
You can set some sensors to be part of your HMS with the Alarm, and you can put some sensors entirely outside of the HMS system to run the same way the V1 sensors do (still log motion and open/close details and send you notifications through the app as non-security alerts like you are asking about).

ANSWER:

• Also, if you have the video doorbell, you can set a rule to have the video doorbell chime make a different sound every time a certain sensor is triggered (ie: front door has one chime, back door another, etc).
  • If you have any Alexa Echo devices, you can also set up your own custom routines to do this. Anytime the front door opens, you have the Alexa speaker say something or play a certain sound or whatever. Still, it will be nice once they program this into the hub.

This is a great question, I can’t find any picture of the back of it anywhere either, not even any leaked pictures online anywhere, interesting.

I’m sadly not a Wyze employee, but I have done extremely extensive research on this product/service, so hopefully some of the above is helpful. If you absolutely need answers to some of those others that haven’t been directly answered in any of the threads or FAQs to your satisfaction and want a Wyze employee to answer, you might try asking support:

By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support

And if you do that and learn something new, please share. :slight_smile:

3 Likes