Wyze Sense Hub Firmware 4.32.9.264 Released 7/7/2022

After I last posted and rebooted the hub, all seems to be working correctly. Hub volume now shows as low and it has reconnected to the wifi.

4 Likes

I finally updated my firmware, it did the double upgrade and to my surprise everything appears to be working correctly, with no settings changes noted.

3 Likes

I dedicated this afternoon to resetting my hub and all connected devices (50+) after attempting this firmware update. I started the firmware update, it ran for about 30 seconds and success! All has been working fine for the past few hours. Good job! thumbsup

4 Likes

A great example of why we need a means to backup our configurations, and restore them in a situation like this.

Having to ‘dedicate’ an afternoon to add 50+ devices back in… would make me a bit cranky…

I have only 11 devices on one sensor hub, and 1 on the other sensor hub… and when I have to add back in after one of the sensor loses it’s way… not happy with the re-add… rename 11 devices on the one hub.

SJ

3 Likes

You have my vote! I searched on the wishlist. Is this in there?

1 Like

@SlabSlayer I posted it, as I could not find it in the wishlist either, but it does exist here:

and only 49 votes for it so far…, since Dec '18 :frowning:

SJ

1 Like

Thx for the link! Musta been searching in Greek.

1 more vote added!

My own choice would be to have the ability to turn off the volume completely.

3 Likes

Well, I finally worked up the courage and it did the first update from .177 to .249 with no issues. But now it’s stuck trying to update to .264 from .249, The lights are solid for minute or so, then a single light for a second, followed by the moving lights and then they are solid again. Doesn’t say the update has failed, but lets me try the update again.

First set of logs: 647245

The first set of updates were done from the mass update screen. So then I went directly to the hub and tried the update from there when prompted. It tired and tried and tried, but again never took. Also none of my sensors seem to be working.

Second log file: 647254

So then I waited until after the unit seemly cycled the next time and tried power cycling it by removing the power cable, pressing the button on the back until it turned off and then the reverse. That seemed to make the unit stable again (it actually told me after I did it that it was running on power).

So then I tried the update from .249 to .264 again and the third time seemed to be the charm. It did the update quickly and from the few sensors I tested, all seemed to be back online. And I can arm / disarm the system from the keypads and app too again.

Last log file for posterity sake: 647275

So @WyzeJasonJ, that was my experience updating the firmware. Definitely not as seamless as it should have been in my opinion. Updating the hub should be a better experience & not a “cross my fingers and hope for the best experience”. The developers need to figure out a way for the update / device to fail gracefully & rollback to the last known good configuration / firmware. Especially for a “security device”. Thankfully I work in IT, so I’m a little more fearless and not as helpless as a general consumer might be in this sistuation. But if this was my parents or grandparents, or many others, they’d be lost & probably extremely frustrated.

4 Likes

Also in IT for the last 25 years, I’m able to, and willing to fight through the challenges I’ve had with updating the firmware on the Sense Hub. Very frustrated each time I have to re-add sensors after having to finally give up and factory reset the hubs that I have (and I only have 12 sensors)…

Time to bring Grandma, Grandpa and your closest non technical friend(s) to the Wyze 'Lab" and observe them attempting to do firmware updates… (I’d pay to see that streamed live) :slight_smile:

SJ

3 Likes

So @WyzeJasonJ, I just checked one of my 3 climate sensors and ya, those didn’t come back properly after the update (even though the hub thinks they are fine). Im also gonna assume the leak sensors are the same way too.

Log file for the climate sensor shown in the photo: 648293.

I’m gonna assume the last log I uploaded (the for posterity sake one) is ok for the hub, cus it was after the update to .264.

1 Like

First off, Great catch! I see it happening today too on mine.

I am not sure this is due to the update. I updated my hub more than a week ago and I while I am also seeing a flat line on all my sensors today like this:

If I look at the weekly temperature variance on my backyard sensor (or any of the other sensors I have) I do see that it had a changing range all week long until today when it is deadlined:

The same pattern is shown on all my other sensors (I have 9 of them). So I think it is some weird server error that started today since mine are showing a changing history for every day up until today, even though I updated the firmware last week.

@Mavens Will some of you who have had this firmware longer than us also check your climate sensors to verify if yours are also flatlined today and confirm whether you had varying changes the rest of the week until today too? I believe some of you have secondary hubs on older firmware too, if so, and you have any climate sensors on a hub with older firmware, will you check and see if this same issue is happening on that hub too (suggesting a server/backend issue), or if it is limited to hubs with this newer firmware (maybe it is related to just this firmware somehow afterall)?

Either way it seems like something that needs to be reported to Wyze to fix. Seems like some kind of outage.

EDIT: Just saw this same thing is being discussed on the Wyze Discord channel "monitoring-and-sense with some Mavens too. (Jimmy is passing this on to the after hours team to take a look)

Mine started deadlining at 6pm yesterday (7/15/22) according the stat graphs…which I thought was based on my timezone, but R.Good said his started at 6pm to and we’re in different time zones.

2 Likes

I am seeing the same with the climate sensors. May be related to the update on the Hub as I did that when it came out as well.

Submitted Climate Sensor Log Number: 648416

2 Likes

@claystorm Just an update, Jimmy from Wyze (on Discord) is passing on all this info to the after-hours team to take a look. We’re submitting logs for him to pass on to them. I’ll pass on your log as well to make sure they see it too. :+1:

3 Likes

@spamoni Do your graphs also show they started to flatline yesterday at 6pm?
On the Day tab hit back to yesterday and see if it started to flatten around 6pm for your as well.

2 Likes

So here are a couple of images, since it is 24 hours the time I can roll back to is 6:32pm Eastern Time. The Flat-line looks like it started at 9:05pm Eastern Time as shown in Image 2

3 Likes

It looks like whatever service on Wyze’s servers that were having issues has been fixed. Just got home and my climate sensors look like the issue never happened!

Cc! @carverofchoice

2 Likes

Thanks! I confirm, everything is now fixed and all the data restored back as if the issue never even existed. The after-hours team did an awesome job handling this really quickly as soon as we sent them logs, and fixed it back to recover all that missing data. So awesome.

2 Likes

Yep, mine looks like it is back again as well. Thanks for the info on this.

Must have been server side as you indicated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jimmy just told us on Discord that the after-hours team said they put in for some AWS resources as that caused the problem. So at least they found it, fixed it and are taking further action. Great response from them. Thanks for reporting @claystorm

3 Likes