Wyze robot vacuum - map editing & additional enhancements

Map magnification increase, No Go Zone adjustment

Map for robotic vacuum is still too limited, with a large floor plan cannot magnify the map sufficiently to easily delineate “no go zones”. Greater magnification would help and making both sides of the zone adjustable would also make it easier.

Have robot wait by trash can to run before returning to charge.

Maybe this is dumb, but I keep my vacuum in the deep dark corner of my living room out of sight, which means I forget to empty it occasionally.

It would be cool if I came home from work and the vacuum was just sitting next to my trash can, waiting to be emptied. Remove dust bin, empty, replace, go back to charger.

2 Likes

The ability to have more than one charging station per floor on one map.

1 Like

Sounds like a great idea to me. Mine is a dumb robovac so I just tell Alexa to stop it when it’s near a garbage can. But if you have a mapping robot your idea makes good sense.

Robot Vacuum Map Updating

*Sorry if this already exists, but I couldn’t find anything exactly like it.

The LIDAR does a great job at mapping, but there are still times when it screws up, namely when the map is rotated. This issue has been brought up, and the solution is always just to remap. This doesn’t happen often to me, but I feel like a general fix to this would be great. Competitions such as IRobot require you to go into cleaning history and “Update Map”. I feel like this is Not the solution, and it’s a big pain to update every time. Wyze used to have a popup “Would you like to update your map?” And I fell like this was a much better solution.

Wyze should really add this back, or ideally do small changes such as furniture moving around automatically, but if a certain % of the map has changed, like when it’s rotated 90 degrees, it will ask you. It’s important that the prompt includes the new map picture, so you can decide if it screwed up or to save it.

Also, a undo/rollback the map would be great! Thanks!

1 Like

I had a couple particular rooms which caused frequent map rotations and it started to happen almost every time. I noticed if I start the vacuum someplace different it would have better luck.

So for the rooms in question I just split them in half, that solved the issue for me.

WRV Firmware: Beta 1.6.173

1 Like

I feel like they dont care. I have had my vac for over a year now and the software is exactly as it was day one. They make a good product but have horrible customer service and software engineers.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Wyze Robot Vacuum V2 Ideas

I’ve had my vacuum for a couple of months. The features are good however I’m surprised at how unstable the mapping is and the robots response to that Instability. Twice it has lost its map (even though it has the map stored it just won’t recognise it) and the response is to just start cleaning the whole house. Which is exactly what I don’t want. Why why why does it default to “[Mod Edit] I’ll clean everything”?

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

2 Likes

Hi,

I have found that if the charging station is not lined up perfectly with the wall that it was against when the floor was first mapped the vacuum
won’t recognize the map. When we had carpet in our house I put Velcro on the bottom to keep it in place. Now with hardwood floors I put some sticky stuff on the bottom to keep it in place. Just a suggestion. Hope it helps.

Mark

Wyze makes a very nice solution to the problem you mentioned with having to velcro your charging station to the floor. It is a thin piece of plastic that attaches to the docking station. The vacuum pulls up onto the piece and docks easily. I had a problem with the wheels of the vacuum marring my maple hardwood floors, and Wyze sent me one of these free of charge, Instead of spinning on the floor, the wheels spin on the plastic and solved the problem. Attached is a picture.

Rick

4 Likes

Interesting, never seen this before! Must be their solution to the issue where wheels would leave residue on the floor if they are spinning like that for too long.

1 Like

Hey that’s a cool solution. I think MANY robovac owners (all brands) would benefit from something like this. Off to scour Amazon…

2 Likes

The thing about the Wyze solution is that it locks into place with the charger. I tried using a thin plastic cutting board instead, but the charger kept sliding around. Wyze’s solution is ideal, and they sent me two of those base station runways for free. Maybe they’ll do the same for you.

Rick

3 Likes

Nice! :+1: Please also post this here:

2 Likes

Seapup, I don’t understand your comment. My initial post was complete and included a photo. Here it is again:

Wyze makes a very nice solution to the problem you mentioned with having to velcro your charging station to the floor. It is a thin piece of plastic that attaches to the docking station. The vacuum pulls up onto the piece and docks easily. I had a problem with the wheels of the vacuum marring my maple hardwood floors, and Wyze sent me one of these free of charge, Instead of spinning on the floor, the wheels spin on the plastic and solved the problem. Attached is a picture.

Rick

He or she was asking you to post the same information in that other thread.

2 Likes

Integrate Wireless Network (Wif-Fi) Re-connection feature

Can you all make it to where the Wyze Robot Vacuum can automatically reconnect to a Wi-fi network its been on before when it is brought back into that Wi-fi zone and powered on (just like a laptop would do)?

I wouldn’t hold my breath! I have owned my Wyze robot 2 years and WYZE has done NOTHING about any of our request with this dumb robot. This robot has had the same firmware since I bought it. They pretty much took our money and ran. The sad part is I believed in WYZE so much I bought 4 robots and gifted them last Christmas. I won’t gift anything wzye again.

Have you tried any of the firmware updates?