Wyze Plug Beta Orders

I noticed it was “All orders ship September 2019”.
Any idea when in September? Will it be like the bulbs, maybe by the 45th of September?

3 Likes

45th of September only if your in the first batch to go out.
Otherwise it will be the eleventy-second of September.

1 Like

Great! Still in time for Christmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s my suggestion. We write “Order 2 Plugs,” with our shipping address and CC numbers, on a piece of paper. Hold it up in front of a camera, triggering a motion event. The system reads the sign, and places the order.

And it still bothers me that it’s called a Smart Plug. It’s a Smart Socket. The plug part is just metal.

4 Likes

Agreed… “Pocket Socket” as it is not hard wired to the mains.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Wyze Plug Automations

Trust me my math may be off but you can get two WYZE plugs for less than the price of one amazon plug. And the amazon brand only work with Alexa? Am I missing something?

Your link is showing it as $24.99 for 1 plug currently.

@domnastybynature, that would make sense! I still let the team know, though. :slight_smile:

@wifijay, is that still what you’re seeing?

@spidey23, I’ll share your feedback with the team.

@charlieo, thanks for letting us know! The team is looking into this. :slight_smile:

@davearrrrr, you’re welcome! Thanks for the confirmation.

@gemniii and @Ex70s, we’re aiming more for the 45th than the eleventy-second. :stuck_out_tongue:

@jlhumbert, I don’t know if that’s possible yet. You may have to find a creative way to do that using a different Shortcut trigger to stop it.

1 Like

I ordered through the beta app and paid from PayPal. The payment went through it seems and I got an order number. Is it not real?
Steve

I don’t really think the information here on ordering through the beta app is accurate and I assume my orders are real. Better yet, I can’t believe they are not real. It would be outrageous (and violate all sorts of Federal consumer credit law) if the orders were not real and they still processed the credit card payments and took your money (which they did in my case). The charges are no longer “pending”. Credit card companies also would find this “process” onerous and unacceptable. Secondly, the plugs are STILL available to order within the beta app. You would think that if there was an error of this magnitude, it would get addressed immediately and everyone would get the charges credited, orders cancelled, etc. As of 1 minute ago they still show 34 % of planned preorder supply available.

Oh well.

Hey Gemnii,

Looks like the amazon sale ended yesterday. It was a 2-pack for the same price but it is now the regular price.

Either way, I was just using that as a comparison because they looked nearly identical.

I actually prefer the smaller round smart plugs that take up less space. Like these:

It’s a 4-pack for $29.99

Smart plug, Gosund Mini Wifi Outlet Works With Alexa, Google Home & IFTTT, No Hub Required, Remote Control Your Home Appliances from Anywhere, ETL Certified,Only Supports 2.4GHz Network(4 Pieces) Amazon.com

Again, see reply above, that link was a sale that ended Thursday.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Does Wyze Plug support 220V?

Apples to oranges my friend, a sale price on something compared to a regular price…

The sale, like all sales, was temporary. Catch it, or you lose out. Everyday price from Wyze beats it on most days and ties it when the others go on sale without them having to price match.

Now on to the new wyze socket…
Works with HALexa, Home, Wyze bridge and IFTTT.
Does not require a hub.
The integration with their bridge makes the action local when AUTOMATED and can be used in conjunction with their sensors to trigger them, making the action NEAR IMMEDIATE!.. HUGE DIFFERENCE!
The Smart plug/socket you said you use is only rated for 10 amps which is a significant difference.

In my opinion (which is all this is), The WYZE product is well worth the extra 10 bucks for the same quantity of far superior hardware and integration paths.

Sorry this didn’t get answered sooner. It is two:

MODERATOR NOTE: I split off several subjects to their own topics that were not related to ordering. Let’s please keep this topic about ordering Wyze plugs. Links to the other subjects are embedded above.

A post was split to a new topic: Wyze Plug dimming

Most people only see a blank page in the Shop section of the beta app. However, we have heard of a few exceptions. One of them is reportedly intermittent. We are looking into this now. If your account was charged then your order is real.

1 Like

So I’ve tried ordering the plug through the web link 3 times. The first two times the order was cancelled in about two hours and said the card was declined. I know I have plenty of money in the account but whatever. So I tried again with my PayPal card which also has funds it was just refunded/declined almost 48 hours later. What’s up?