Wyze Lock Has Officially Launched! - 2/25/20

I thought the smart lock would be integrated with Alexa. I would love to tell Alexa to lock or unlock my door rather than using the key. You advertise on your web page that it is coming in 2020: " Use Your Voice (coming 2020) Ask Alexa or Google Assistant to lock your doors before going to bed." When I ask about timing, all I get is "At this time, Alexa does not integrate with the Wyze lock. " How about a best guess?

1 Like

I would say soon since they said a couple days ago in a post that they were waiting for Alexa certification and it should be soon. Also, up until last Friday Alexa was actually working with the lock in the beta app and we had been using it for weeks. Itā€™s currently not active though

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen - Are there currently plans to release the lock & kepyad in other colors? e.g. oil rubbed bronze, black, etc. to match the rest of the door hardware?

2 Likes

That was an awesome and hilarious video! :laughing: Thanksā€¦ I needed that!

Would love to see this in different finishesā€¦ need a few in polished brass.

3 Likes

Any plans to offer the Wyze Lock at Home Depot? I have a gift card and would love to pick one of these up!

3 Likes

No kidding, Try and get an endorsement from LPL (Lock Picking Lawyer) If you can get him to say that it doesnā€™t add any vulnerability that didnā€™t exist in the original lock you have a real coup.

Just remember that somebody will send him one and you donā€™t want to be the Master Lock of this segment. Better to get ahead of this.

2 Likes

mbernier,

My guess is the LPL will say most everyoneā€™s front door lock can be lockpicked!

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I think the LPL specializes in physical attacks, whereas this style of lock turner should not be physically accessible unless the door has already been compromised anyway.

I think you would want a technical expert in Bluetooth, WiFi, cybersecurity, etc., which I think is not the LPL.

LPL has participated in a number of things. Physical attacks, cheats, Bluetooth failures, fingerprint scanner failures and others. Seems to have a very devious mind. Shies away from safe combination locks it seems.

1 Like

The silence and evasion responses when they come along the lines of ā€œwe havenā€™t given upā€ are not acceptable.

The new releases are not hidden Appleesque surprises and neither should the features that 2nd rate eco systems like Amazon and Google already have coming to the largest potential pool of mobile device users WYZE could dream of properly serving.

We must know where the HomeKit efforts are being directed and we need a reasonable expectation before we continue investing hundreds of our dollars (over $2,000 for me) in WYZE products as well as our recommendation to others to join us.

HomeKit integration is THE GAME over loss for WYZE that will hit hard and fast when is users are left behind.

Great! Thanks a lot for the update.

1 Like

Iā€™m wondering the same thingā€¦

2 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

Wonā€™t let me order in Canada. How can I order this?

1 Like

Has anyone else experienced problems with the door position status. Mine starts off correct after calibration but soon reverts to showing the door as always open. I finally put a sensor switch on the door to assure the status is correct.

Just received and setup my Wyze lock and itā€™s awesome. 1 issue im seeing is when i turn off my GPS which i do when iā€™m home it seems to disable the auto unlock toggle and when GPS is turned back on it requires the toggle in Wyze for Auto unlock to be tapped again manually. @UserCustomerGwen is it possible to just have the auto unlock kick back in when GPS is re enabled? I know a lot of people donā€™t usually leave there GPS on all day so it kind of defeats the purpose of Auto Unlock if you have to enter the app anyway to re enable or never turn GPS off. Thanks you guys rock!!

1 Like

Sits forever at shipping methods when I try and check out.

1 Like

Ordered my lock on 2/25, it arrived today. 20 minutes later it was installed and working. Took me the extra 5 minutes because I read the instructions first, something I seldom do. So far I really like it. So easy a 70 year old can do it! :wink:

Now patiently waiting for the keypad to be released.

3 Likes

Sorry for the long post! Iā€™m going to try to field questions and responses that werenā€™t already answered.

@TechnoSwiss, I donā€™t have an update on that topic at this point of time.

@dxm147, Iā€™m honestly not sure. Iā€™d recommend checking with our customer support team about that compatibility.

Wyze Customer Support

@RickyS2552,

1. The updates will generally be done through software.
  2. The $10 lower price will last for a few weeks. You donā€™t need a code for it.
  3. The unlock should not occur until you are close to the door even if you enter the geofence area because the Bluetooth connection will not have been established.
  4. The gateway only works for Wyze Lock and you will need a Bridge for Wyze Sense. Theyā€™re two different things.

(Some of these were handled by other community members already. Thanks, folks! :slight_smile: )

@gosha and @andycc, we are looking into other retailers but I donā€™t have firm answers on that at this point of time.

@garyw, weā€™re still working through the legalities and logistics of Canadian shipping. But if you have a US address we can ship to, weā€™d be happy to go that route.

@GHCal, Iā€™m told that the Alexa support is expected to be available in a matter of weeks.

@wondermudd, we donā€™t have plans for different colors at this time but Iā€™ll let the team know about your interest.

@mbernier, thanks for your suggestion!

@hairsarenumbered, itā€™s not much of an evasion so much as letting you know that we havenā€™t ditched the idea of having HomeKit later. We donā€™t have an update at this time though we are still interested and looking for opportunities to have it in the future.

@madrigal77, weā€™re working on Canadian shipping but I donā€™t have a date for when it will be ready yet. If you have a US address that we could ship to, we can do things that way.

@ddavidadams, sorry to hear about your door position status issue! Iā€™d recommend contacting customer support about this one so we can help out.

Wyze Customer Support

@dmarlin247, thanks for your feedback! Iā€™ll share this with the team. I donā€™t know if weā€™ll be able to make the auto-unlock turn on when GPS is re-enabled but Iā€™ll make sure they see this. :slight_smile:

@johna136, thanks for reading the instructions! Weā€™re happy that youā€™re enjoying your Wyze Lock. :grin:

4 Likes

Gwen your awesome as always and thanks for the responses to inquires so quickly and the best you are able.

Iā€™m a committed WYZEā€™r for life as far as I can tell ā€¦ but Iā€™ll keep lovingly poking the powers to be for HomeKit and I know itā€™s be an absolutely amazing financial explosion for WYZE when they make the commitment and investment to make it happen!

Todd

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

I just got my lock and installed it in about 10 minutes. Some issues getting the gateway to stay connected but a simple restart fixed it.

One question I am wondering is will I be able to set automations through Google Home once Google Assistant is enabled by Wyze. I think itā€™d be cool to have a routine that turns on my hue lights when the door unlocks.

Oh, another thing I noticed is that I get alerts if the door is manually unlocked from the inside. I would really love a way to turn that off.

With my Augustlock it would only alert me if the door was manually unlocked from the outside. I donā€™t want an alert every time someone in my house is leaving! Maybe thatā€™s just me LoL