Wyze lock gateway won't connect

Just wondering if anyone has any insight or suggestions on my issue with the wyze lock gateway. First issue I noticed was that when I am setting up the gateway and I am picking which gateway to connect to, it shows up but the serial number is all zeros. Then when I enter my Wi-Fi information it immediately fails. I’ve tried all the tricks suggested in other posts (Wi-Fi hotspot from my phone, different device to set it up (iOS and Android), deleting the app and reinstalling it, resetting the router and modem). Is there anything else I’m missing?!

Screenshot_20210508-203627|230x500

Did you ever get an answer from Wyze? I have the same issue, all zeros. It occurred after I changed the batteries in the lock and keypad. The batteries were not dead and the lock and keypad still functional it was just that the batteries were just showing low in the app. I have a support ticket in with Wyze and they sent me a wifi test app that I ran and sent back the link to Wyze a week ago. Still no answer. The Gateway, lock, and keypad up till now have been flawless.

I did. They ended up sending a warranty replacement gateway. Should arrive next week. I would follow up with support. The first two agents I talked to were not the most helpful but the third one was excellent. I would recommend contacting them through the live chat.

thanks

Wyze just emailed me they are replacing the Gateway. No explanation as to why the Gateway went to all zeros from Wyze. And I don’t know why the Gateway malfunction at the same time I changed the batteries in the lock. In the same room that is closest to the lock where I have the Gateway plugged in, I have an uninterruptible power supply with automatic voltage regulation, (a voltage line conditioner), on a printer. I think I might plug the Gateway into the UPS/AVR and see what happens.

I am having the exact same issue but Wyze says I am out of warranty(its been 1 year 4 months) and cannot send any gateway. Also, there is no option to buy the gateway separately without the Lock. Any other ideas ? Wyze support knows its a known bug but is not willing to help. The option is to throw the lock and gateway and purchase a new one.

Thats what im trying to figure out too, as my gateway/lock was purchased in Nov 2020, and now i cannot get it to connect. Same issue, all zeros on the serial.

Has anyone had ANY success?

They do sell the gateway (along with a few other parts) but out of stock at the moment:

1 Like

NO luck on this issue. The replacement part kit has been out of stock for ever and never seems to be in stock.

Great that they offer it, i could not find it, but if its always out of stock???

I having exactly the same issue, the support service is terrible, and the option to buy a lock replacement part kit is always backordered. I guess is part of the consequences of build a home smart ecosystem with a cheap company :frowning: , they just don’t care their users - Same logic with their cybersecurity issues.

But looks like this is not an isolate incident, a lot of people are having the same issue , what I don’t know is how many of them are required to start a legal action. From my perspective this should be handle it as a recall, even outside of the warranty.

If youre thinking legal, best to be the one to start it. The named platiffs and the attorneys get most of the settlement. The rest just get a few bucks. :slight_smile: