Wyze Lamp Socket Stuck On (Bug)

My lamp is stuck on just like the other people here.

I created this thread a while back complaining about a light that never turns on (and cannot control): Wyze cam v3 lost ability to control light bulb socket

Wyze sent me a brand new lamp socket. I installed it and again it doesn’t show up under the V3 cam as an accessory. The bulb also stays on so I unscrewed it. They have pretty much given up troubleshooting and are now offering me a gift card or something. They can’t even keep track of what my issue is in my support case email.

Recently my Wyze doorbell failed and the new one has terrible Wifi connection. My cameras are not picking up motion events likes they used to either. I am starting to lose my faith in Wyze products.

Hi ehayric, sorry to hear that your lampsocket doesn’t work as it should. May I know which cable you use to connect between the lampsocket and V3 camera? Could you please DM me a picture of your connection if possible? Thank you!

1 Like

I haven’t had any issues in quite some time (knock on wood) with the lamp socket, so seems this firmware fixed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since my last posting in August my lamp socket has been functioning properly. No more waking up and finding the light on and the V3 camera seems to be recording motion and sound when selected. I am assuming an update had fixed the issue I was experiencing and thank Wyze for addressing it.

2 Likes

Thank you! Glad to hear everything is good now.

I am still experiencing light staying on when it detects motion in the dark. What else did you guys do so it turns off on its own? I keep having to go to the app and manually turn it off.

Hi @WyzeDesmond, this is a rather old post, but the sockets at my house and my parents’ house are both having this issue. I need to power cycle the sockets/camera every couple weeks to get them to work properly, otherwise the lights stay on during the day. You mentioned that the problem was identified…. Has the solution been implemented into the firmware?

1 Like

May I know what is the firmware version of your v3 that connected to lampsocket? Is there any rule currently setup?

Could you please pass me some logs for the v3 that has lampsocket on it. I will take a look. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Desmond,

The lamp socket comes and goes, but mostly works less than 10% of the time. Restarting did not help and has been like this since August 2022.
I submitted a log for your reference: 1028927
V3 cam firmware = 4.36.10.4054
plugin version - 2.41.07

Thank you

2 Likes

Hello @WyzeDesmond, I have no rules applied. Log ID 1028946 and 1028948 have been uploaded.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the logs. We are checking now.

2 Likes

Hi,

Is there any timeline or update from checking the logs? Looking at other threads, this is a common occurrence for the lamp socket and has been like this since last year.

Good news or bad news, please keep us posted.

Hi @WyzeDesmond, is there any update on this? All of my lights are stuck on again, and I will need to do another set of reboots.

Hi @WyzeDesmond, is there any update on this? Thanks in advance.

Hi, how many lampsockets in total? Is each lampsocket is connected with v3 right now? May I know what is the firmware for V3 currently? THanks!

@WyzeDesmond I have 3 sockets and all 3 have this issue. All of them have their own camV3 connected to them. 2 of the cameras are on firmware 10.4054 and one is on 9.139

1 Like

And the stuck on issue is like lampsocket is turned on during daytime and stuck on?

1 Like

@WyzeDesmond, the light stays on. It can be manually turned off from the app, but is then stuck on the next time there is motion. Rebooting both the socket and camera seems to fix the problem for 2-3 weeks, then starts again.

1 Like

Could you please pass me some device logs for the v3 that has socket connecting to it? Better to submit the logs after the issue happens again. Thanks!

2 Likes