Wyze Home Monitoring: Self Monitored Mode ASAP

That is not related to what my original discussion was about . I said that the eufy alarm system was the same as the wyze home monitoring system.

The link you’re providing is for a subscription you can add to the Eufy cameras . Think of it as Cam Plus Pro . It’s the same , you can use your wyze cameras to set them up to be used as a security system

Now why you brought that up, wasn’t necessary bc again ; I didn’t mention anything about that subscription

This is false . I never once mentioned anything about a sense kit . What I was referring to was the wyze home monitoring system

I said that the eufy home alarm kit

eufy Security 5-Piece Home Alarm Kit, Home Security System, Keypad, Motion Sensor, 2 Entry Sensors, Home Alarm System, Control from The App, Links with eufyCam, Optional 24/7 Protection Service https://a.co/d/4eXVAZq

Offers everything the wyze home monitoring system offers FOR FREE. And that’s true

Wyze Home Security Core Kit: Hub, Keypad, Motion Sensor, Entry Sensors (x2); Compatible w/ Wyze Cam, Leak & Climate Sensors; 3 Mo. of 24/7 Professional Monitoring Service Incl., Subscription Required https://a.co/d/3s0i0z6

All you have to do is see for yourself .

Best

Rulwiz

This is incorrect , the eufy home alarm kit and the wyze home monitoring system are the same. The only differences are that Eufy offers a self monitoring option and Wyze does not . Wyze offers leak and climate sensors , Eufy does not . Those are the only differences.

This is incorrect again

The link I provided was the link you initially provided . That was you. I repeat again , the plan you’re linking to is a subscription where you can add Eufy cameras and use them as a security system . It’s exactly like Cam Plus Pro . I’ve told you this already

You’re making this more difficult than it has to be my friend

The eufy home alarm kit offers a self monitoring option. I’ve provided everything you need , you have thrown around incorrect misinformation for completely different topics

In this includes screenshot I circled “optional 24/7” bc eufy gives you the option to choose between a professionally monitored system or a self monitoring system . Which Wyze does not ! That is correct , if Wyze offered a self monitoring option I’d go with wyze but they love cramming their subscriptions down our throat

Eufy offers a self monitoring option !!

Please check and read the description for yourself

Limited-time deal: eufy Security 5-Piece Home Alarm Kit, Home Security System, Keypad, Motion Sensor, 2 Entry Sensors, Home Alarm System, Control from The App, Links with eufyCam, Optional 24/7 Protection Service Amazon.com

Why’d you delete your comments ? :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

The systems are NOT the same, you show it with your own words. Eufy does provide a self monitoring but the do not have leak and climate sensors. Wyze HMS is built around the Wyze Sense Hub it is the core of HMS so when talking about Wyze HMS you have to talk about the sense kit since you can’t have HMS without it.

It boils down to what is best for whoever is using the system, if you want self monitoring without a subscription Wyze is not the way to go. I use self monitoring with Wyze by leaving it in Test Mode, yes I still have to pay a subscription but that is my choice.

1 Like

Both systems do the same . Monitor your home , though they have differences . Wyze doesn’t offer self monitoring and had a climate/leak sensor . Eufy has self monitoring AND professional monitoring but doesn’t offer climate/leak sensor . But that’s not important to me bc I don’t need it . But they’re the same , they monitor your home

What I was basing the similarities was for the hub, keypad , contact and motion sensors . Those are what makes them the same . The rest are add ones and features

All in all though if Wyze didn’t push the professional monitoring then I’d go with the wyze system but they don’t because they wanna push their subscriptions on us . :man_shrugging:t4:

Here is what I think. Wyze is Home Monitoring Focused. eufy is home security focused only.

Eufy is also home monitoring as well.

They offer an option for professional monitoring

It’s just that on their system , they give the option for BOTH self monitoring and professional monitoring

That’s what I’ve been on about , some us don’t want a professionally monitored system and don’t wanna pay a fee.

Just because people have other options from Wyze , doesn’t mean we’re bashing on them . It’s just the truth , if Wyze offered a self monitoring option I’d be all over it but they don’t which makes me have to go with a competitor . People get their feelings hurt when you go against Wyze :man_shrugging:t4:

I’m a bystander on this but a bit confused. I had always thought “test mode” was effectively Wyze’s self monitoring option… but you still have to pay a yearly subscription to continue using it? I thought it was a one time thing.

Test mode just means alerts don’t go to NoonLight. You still pay the annual fee just to have the siren and phone alerts. That’s why I dropped the subscription. Can send my own door and motion alerts, thanks.

1 Like

I know what they offer, I have had Eufy not too long ago. But have finally settled 100% on Wyze products.

Feelings not hurt, I have had Eufy, Ring, Arlo, SmartThings, Hubitat, Home Assistant, and Amcrest Cameras. I understand the issues with each of those products and the cost for them. I also know how some start you off with one option and then later it changes and you end up paying a subscription for features you used to get for free.

But to each their own, everyone chooses what is best for them, I have settled on Wyze and my experience has been above par for what I need.

1 Like

Absolutely correct. You can always cancel the subscription but still take advantage of the hub and attached devices. The only item you cannot use, I believe, is the Keypad.

How do I use Eufy to monitor for a water leak in my home since that iS part of monitoring a home to me.

Test mode is not truly a solution since you must pay the yearly subscription still. If you do not pay the subscription you lose the monitoring tab and the keypad will no longer work.

2 Likes

Water leak and climate sensors are what you need , but not me so I don’t need that for my system .

Everyone has different needs , but what I’ve been on about has been that Wyze should definitely offer a self monitoring option . That’s all I want and I’m sure others would like that as well…

Exactly, That is why I said it is up to everyone to decide what fits best for them, for you I would not recommend Wyze because you want self monitoring without a fee which is not an option with Wyze.

2 Likes

For others who still want to use Wyze without a subscription, you can just use these the same way many of us did with the V1 sensors and still had our own “self-monitoring” security system. These V2’s can all be used the same way.

Create a shortcut rule that turns notifications on for all your sensors (including cams, etc) and maybe name it “Arm” and another shortcut that turns the notifications off for all your sensors (and cams and whatever else). and name it “Disarm”…now you can basically do it all yourself.

Now, when you leave the house or go to bed at night, you just click the “Arm” shortcut and it will turn on all the notifications, and you just “Disarm” when you wake up or return home. In fact, with the location trigger, a person can even automate it to do this when you leave or arrive home.

A person can even do rules to have a schedule where specific sensors will trigger a siren on specific cameras when they are triggered and set that up to be enabled on a specific schedule.

There are apps that will even make those notifications become a siren on your phone when they pop up on your phone so it will wake you up at night, etc if they are triggered when “armed”…

The way I see it, it’s really not that difficult to do “self-monitored” with Wyze for free without a subscription. :man_shrugging: You don’t get to use a keypad to do it, but you can do it all in the app and with WAY, WAY, WAY cheaper equipment…but that’s just me…I like to save money…and there are others who also do this with Wyze equipment, like WildBill said he does his own door and motion alerts to self-monitor without a subscription.

Wyze’s focus is on the pro monitoring, and here’s something worth considering with that…

The average Home Owner’s Insurance cost is $1,383 per year for a policy with $250K coverage (more with more coverage). When you consider that having Monitoring can get you as much as 20% off your Home Owner’s Insurance…that’s > $276/yr for something that costs just $99.99/yr…which means you’re actually getting PAID a net outcome of $176/yr to have Home Monitoring and all the benefits.

I don’t know about you, but that’s a complete NO-BRAINER for most people…just saying…in the end you get the HMS service basically for free plus paid an extra $176/yr on top of that just to get a bunch of extra features that you wouldn’t have by “self-monitoring”…you can get a bunch of extra free devices every single year with all that extra money. In that sense, the professional monitoring is actually CHEAPER than the “Free self-monitoring” anyway.

If you own a home and have Home Owners’ Insurance, the HMS subscription is definitely something you should highly, highly consider…

I’m just sayin… :man_shrugging: you might not ACTUALLY be paying for it, but instead getting paid for it. Hard to get cheaper than that.

3 Likes

That all sounds great , but we just want a free self monitoring option that allows us to use the keypad to arm the system and to use the hub as an alarm .

Once Wyze adds that option , I’ll be the first in line …

Unfortunately, that didn’t work for me. No discount. Zilch. Nada.

:frowning:

2 Likes

Perhaps now would be a good time to review the original reasoning for this. Paramount of which is full monitor/sensor functionality without the automatic call to Noonlight.

1 Like

I voted for the wrong thing then

I want a completely subscription free system with NO professional monitoring. Only self monitoring

Shame , I doubt we’ll ever see that happen .

Which makes me have to go to a competitor