Wyze has lost it way

I figured it out! When I signed up for cam plus, it cancelled the cam plus light. I forgot all about that change from a couple years ago.

4 Likes

I figured it out! When I put cam Plus on the one camera, it canceled out the cam plus light, I forgot all about that change they made a couple years ago. I’m all good now, thank you so much for your feedback

5 Likes

It’s good to have you on Cam Plus. If you experience any problems, please contact me directly: mvanswol@wyze.com

Thanks for supporting us!

Matt Van Swol
Head of Subscription Growth

4 Likes

I don’t think I have Cam Plus, but thanks for the warm welcome.

2 Likes

Just don’t add another camera or “try” cam plus. I did, and now I only get the thumbnails.

Same here. I guess I should have just kept using my old camera only.

Matt was responding to josie1557.

1 Like

I agree. What is even going on?

I guess Wyze is descended philosophically from this guy:

I had never heard him speak at length. I must say I enjoyed it.

4 Likes

easily amused eh?

Pretty open to amusement, yeah. :slight_smile:

I like a good character study.

1 Like

I listened to this twice, found it very insightful.

4 Likes

I will not be trusting the Wyze cams any more. Multiple have stopped working, inexplicably, and suddenly, over time. I used to think that was a reason to upgrade to a new version camera, but no longer.
I had a break-in over the end of December. I will not be giving details to keep up my own security, but while I now only have 2 cameras in working condition, both are set to continuously record to SD cards, and both are set to record motion events, only one of them recorded continuously. The other one has stills of the motion trigger, but no evidence on even any of the stills to indicate who the perp is, and certainly no video from that time.
It dawns on me that this is not anywhere close to a real video security system. While it’s great to be able to tell when the mailman came or minor infractions of people blocking your driveway, this is not a system to be trusted for true video footage of crimes in progress.

I’ll be keeping these 2 cameras running as long as they stay alive, but I’m never buying another camera from Wyze again, and it certainly makes me uneasy about ALL the other products I purchased from the company,

3 Likes

Amen to that!

I totally understand and agree.

This is why I also have Eufy cameras, Ring cameras and an IP camera (& even a Blink).

Wyze can’t be trusted to look out for you. You go to work everything is working, come home and the thing is dead and no explanation or indication that it was about to push up :blossom: & :dizzy_face:.

All the money we’ve spent for all these years could have been spent on a better system. Live and learn.

This has always been the case. From the beginning even Wyze didn’t promote them as security cameras. We all knew we were buying fun little cameras for $20 to watch our dogs while we were at work.

At some point along the way Wyze discovered they could make money as a home security company without improving the hardware.

5 Likes

I remember those days when it was promoted as a gadget camera but not to be used for security. They explicitly stated this is not a security camera. Things changed after the added the paid monitoring service.

Respectfully, yes, carverofchoice should have a seat at the table at your strategy meetings and you should listen to what they have to say because they represent the voice of the majority of your customers. They seem more engaged and more invested than even some of the actual Wyze staff. I’ve been a Wyze customer for 5 years, invested thousands of dollars in Wyze products, and have only recently joined the forums. I can wholeheartedly say that carverofchoice accurately articulates my concerns, hopes, and visions for Wyze. Frankly, you should put them on your payroll and put them on whatever team you have in charge of strategy/growth because your company will be better off long term if you listen to them.

1 Like

That’s 5339 words of peak internet.

3 Likes

I missed his post when it was first written, but just read the whole thing now. @carverofchoice gave a great dissertation of what was right, but since gone wrong with Wyze in general. Moch of it meshes very well with my thoughts, but I couldn’t write it nearly as well.

I really like the cameras, the V3 still my favorite and most trouble free, but it does lack a lot of smart home integration. I have tons of smart devices like plugs, switches, bulbs, etc, but except for Home Monitoring hub and some sensors, none of the none-camera stuff is Wyze anymore. Mostly because of reliability and integration. Needing AWS to operate makes everything slower. For example, I have a non Wyze motion sensor for some lights that are controlled by non-Wyze plugs and switches that works pretty much instantly as my first step into the room is hitting the floor. Before that, when I tried Wyze bulbs, plugs, and switches, there were always varying delays of a at least a few seconds, if not longer at times. Worse than that, The Wyze products often failed to run their Alexa routines or were crippled by an Amazon AWS issue. Native HomeKit support also never arrived, though I can get some functionality using a HomeBridge running on my Synology NAS.

3 Likes