Dude, looks great, I totally missed that post! ![]()
Yes. Thick orange cord.
What about Wi-Fi 7 (what I use) and Wi-Fi 8?
I have also run 20ā flat usb cords out from the ac cord in different areas outside with no problem. Interestingly, the round ones (I mistakenly got) didnāt work.
Yes, 20ā is still acceptable if the cord is of a good quality. As for the round ones, they were probably data only.
At the time I created the table,
- I wanted to make some points in that topic because much of the discussion seemed like users talking past one another about what the different specs are, and
- Some of the confusion seemed to be miscommunication/misunderstanding about 5G cellular versus 5 GHz Wi-Fi, and
- Wyze Wi-Fi support to this point (as far as Iām aware) stops at 6E, and
- I wanted to play and experiment with Markdown tables.
![]()
Thatās what about! ![]()
If someone else wants to expand it, then go nuts! Like I said, it could be
![]()
I figured as much after the fact. I didnāt pay attention to the cords when I orderedthem. Theyāll come in handy forsomething else at some point.
power adapter (brick)
A converter, usually from AC house current to DC device current. Most Wyze stuff runs on 5V DC, and the power bricks they include supply between 1 to 2 amps.
You can swap any two bricks of like voltage and same-or-greater maximum supplied amps. The device will draw only as much current as it needs to meet itās often variable load.
swap out (replace)
Replace one item with another like-or-similar item. Often old-for-new, lower spec for higher spec, or possibly-bad for known-good. When troubleshooting Wyze stuff, you might swap out power cables, power bricks or SD cards, all of which commonly cause poor performance intermittently when they begin to fail.
syntax
I swap-out the old cable for the new cable. (Remove)
I swap-in the new cable for the old cable. (Replace)
I had to look it up.
The Remove/Replace I added. Thereās a link to auto repair invoices in that, I think. R/R.
Does the average person say āswap-in / swap-outā? I donāt know, but probably not.
Some of mine are plugged into power strips with just the usb slots.
Good point! Iāve had three v3s running off the same strip without issue for nine months or so. ![]()
eg The v3 comes with a 1 amp power adapter - so if the power stripās USB output is 1 amp or more per port, should be good to go.
A caveat, I guess, would be to use a good quality strip.
Quality is determined by the quantity of glitter? ![]()
You make the joke. ![]()
Hey, man, Iām just trying to understand the metric. ![]()
You wouldnāt be in the position you are if you didnāt. ![]()
Hey @bryonhu, am I speaking āelectricā correct? Please point out any errors or omissions. Iām winging it. ![]()
Hereās some endorsed by forum members: ![]()
Ohhh, that kind of strip. ![]()
No promises. ![]()
