Wyze garage door controller, camera does not show up on Google nest hub

Based on the explanation here, it sounds like when a camera is configured as a garage door opener you CANNOT view the camera feed from Google Assistant, but only from the Wyze app: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/7271461394075-Wyze-Garage-Door-Controller-and-Google-Assistant

Can I see the camera view of the Wyze Garage Door Controller on my Google Home display or Chromecast?

• No, because although the garage door controller has a camera attached, it is a garage door controller. It is not a camera that you view with Google Assistant, but a door that you open/close with Google Assistant. While you cannot stream the view of your garage door to a Google device, you can still check your camera view via the Wyze app.

That said, I think this is a shame and should be fixed… Without the camera visibility in Google assistant, this is almost a useless feature for things like a Nest Hub, and I’m tempted to just remove the garage door part and DIY my own controller from simple parts.

Please upvote at the wishlist here if you’re also running into this issue: Allow the garage controller V3 camera to be able to display on Google/Alexa smart displays

1 Like