Wyze Crabitat Smart Home

Introducing the Smart Crabitat, controlled by Wyze.
This Luxurious 10 Gallon Crabitat is home to 2 Hermit Crabs

It boasts all day monitoring with a Wyze V3 Camera and Spotlight for the beach like glow.

Temperature and Humidity Controls via Wyze Climate Sensor and Wyze Plugs controlling the heating pad and Humidifier keeping their environment juuuuust right.

Picturesque Sunrises and Sunsets, with the Wyze Plug Controlling the overhead lighting.

14 Likes

Outstanding practical application! I wish I had that kind of time and energy! You highlighted thier dwelling, but you didn’t even mention their names? Any plans to live stream them so they can be TCP stars?

6 Likes

They’ve asked to remain anonymous :wink:

They are kind of hermits so no live streaming publicly for them :sunglasses:

7 Likes

That looks awesome!

1 Like

Limited audience, but we are already binge watching

6 Likes

When in the course of crustaceous events…

Nice! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! SpongeBob SquarePants might enjoy that enviroment as a vacation spot. :laughing:

4 Likes

Spongebob already lives there if you look closely at the pics. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

SpongeBob lives in a pineapple under the Sea. He Vacations at the R.Good Wyze Crabitat :rofl:

Because of the Humidity controls SpongeBob won’t dry out :wink:

7 Likes

Just an update, the Hermies are doing well, one has successfully molted and the other is in the molting process now.

The real reason for this post is to show the skills of one of the crabs. How this lil’ fella got up here I have no clue because the camera points down and the actions to get there was not captured. There is nothing obvious on the sides of the tank that could have allowed it to have gotten to the center of the lid on the light cable, but there it is.

Starting to think Jedi and Force jump cause I’m pretty baffled

This only tells me one thing… more cameras are needed.

4 Likes

DO NOT GO TOWARD THE LIGHT!

My guess is he scaled the escape tube you provided for him from the lid opening and reached over to the light cord trying to get to the lights. Spry little bugger.

1 Like

The funny thing is the humidifier tube is pretty high up the glass and its lil crab arms would have to be at least 4 in long to get to the center wire for the lights… not even anything to monkey bar swing on. :rofl:

And you know that shell is heavy!
I was watching him for awhile and at one point thought it was going to drop the shell then yolo off the wire

2 Likes

Research definitely warrants more cams!

1 Like

Yes! You get it,

2 Likes

Believe it or not, they can climb using the silicone that seals the edges of the tank together. I’ve seen it in person!

3 Likes

Hi!

I use my Wyze v3 to monitor my 50 gallon hermit crab habitat. I have 5 hermits and it’s a ton of fun to watch their daily escapades.

4 Likes

Those sure are some fancy & spoiled crabs. :laughing: Thank you for sharing. That is quite the creative setup you’ve got there.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @melissa.savoy!

I later found out that is exactly what it was!

I was pretty blown away.

3 Likes

So I was checking on the crabs and found one completely out of its shell!

Like chilling in a bath after molting.

I have never seen this before, Thanks to my Wyze camera I was able to witness and get a close up fin my phone.

4 Likes

That’s way cool. Did not know they did that either.

1 Like