Wyze cams on Mesh wifi sytems

I have an Orbi mesh with one main and two satellite. I have 9 cameras, Plus I run multiple sell phones and multiple tablets and use Rokus on all my TV’s for steaming (no cable no dish)

That means about 20 devices.

Wyze cams have no issues.

1 Like

I’m using Synology RT2600ac + MR2200ac. No problem here.

1 Like

I run 2 cameras on an Amplifi mesh system and getting ready to add two more.

1 Like

I am using for Plume Super Pods and I used to have Eero. Both systems work great with Wyze Cams and light bulbs. Plume probably offers the very best flexibility and they have a fantastic product. I highly recommend.

1 Like

I use an ORBI RBR40 with 2 satellites. Works great with 2 cameras, need to add a 3rd. No issues for several years now.

1 Like

I have eero Pro base and 2 extra pods (Amazon.com)

3 levels (finished basement + main floor + second story) about 4,500 sqft + 3 car garage - it covers well. I have 40 wifi devices with heavy home automation on my network with no connectivity issues.

ring.com 2 devices (doorbell and floodlight cam)
wyze devices: 4 lights, 4 cameras indoors, 2 cameras mounted in enclosures outdoors, 5 motion sensors & 6 contact sensors

love the eero, a friend of mine just bought the all 3 eero pro set and is connecting his main home and an external out-building.

1 Like

I’m using 3 Plume Superpods and 4 regular Plume pods no issues to report.

1 Like

I use ASUS AIMesh one AC5300 and two AC1900as nodes with 5 Wyze Cams throughout the house. No issues.

1 Like

Using an Orbi Base and 2 Satellites. Working fine w/all devices including 4 WyzeCams.

1 Like

I’m using Smartthings Wifi Mesh and it works just fine.

I used Samsung Connect Home previously and got the same results.

I have 6 cams.

1 Like

BTW, with the Google wifi router I was able to set up the cameras without issue (other than having to power cycle the cameras a couple of times) even though my phone was connected at 5GHz and the cameras at 2.4GHz. Seems that the Google router bridges both frequencies into essentially one network so the devices on 5G are able to communicate to the devices on 2.4G and vice versa.

On the down side, the Google router doesn’t have any advanced options like traffic monitoring or a web interface to administer it. That kind of sucks but I guess it’s the price to pay for its simplicity. I used to have a Western Digital router and it had a lot of features but the signal strength was horrible. It would barely cover my small condo. The Google router has excellent signal strength.

1 Like

Wyse equipment only cares about the quality of the wifi signal (and it cares about it a LOT). Wyse does not work that great on a poor signal with the small transmitter that they have, that long authentication when you log on with the app will take considerably longer and may not happen at all and the upload of picture also make not happen). Also remember that the signal must be in the 2.4Ghz band; so make sure that you are meshing both 2.4 and 5 bands - its pretty standard to do so out of the box; but just make sure. So mesh or not makes NO difference as long as the signal of the 2.4 is strong at the location of the Wyze. Most people put in mesh systems in order to strengthen signal strength remote from the router.

1 Like

Mine run on a Dlink COVR mesh system. No problems with my Wyzecams.

1 Like

I am using an Eero Pro with one beacon and I had some issues getting two Wyze cams connected. I think the issue was related to 2.4ghz vs 5ghz. The Eero will automatically connect using one or the other and since Wyze cams are only 2.4ghz, they wouldn’t connect if the Eero was trying to use 5ghz. The two cams finally connected at some point over 2.4ghz and have since stayed connected.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. With the same setup I had immediate connectivity, never an issue. Whereas my old mesh system would never get to my outdoor mounted cams.

Hi.
I have 8 wifi google mesh units that support 31 Wyze cams fixed and rotating in a 43000 ft2 area and everything works great.

2 Likes

Wow!:+1:

eero mesh network in a 2-floor apartment in a brick/cinderblock/whatever building (e.g. NOT sheetrock) for several months now. I have the master eero mesh unit plus 4 beacons. 4 Wyze cameras, multiple motion and door sensors, lots of other smarthome devices on the system. They Wyze products work like a charm. Can’t believe I waited so long to abandon the ridiculous WiFi Extender setup.

1 Like

Like most on here, it is working well for me. I have an EERO Pro (3 Pro’s and 1 extender) over 3 floors 5000sqft. We have 6 Wyze cams, 11 motion & door sensors, 12 Wyze bulbs and not 1 hiccup. In fact we were on 1 Apple AirPort Extreme and had issues. Got the EERO mesh system and not one hiccup and an breeze to set up.

1 Like

I’m using Google Wi-Fi with 3 pucks and 3000+ sqft house. I have a cam and contact sensor in my shed 66 yards away from the nearest puck. (if I thought the pucks could handle extreme cold temps I would put one out there). I have 4 cams and 2 pan cams, 6 contact sensors, 2 motion sensors, and 5 Wi-Fi bulbs. I have never had any problems with any of my items. But note that I do have 1GB internet service. So that might be the reason why I’m able to get over 100mbps out in my shop still.

1 Like