Wyze Cam V3 keeps disconnecting (with error code 90)

I had four wye v3 cameras on a Ubiquiti wifi system and was having a terrible time with dropped connection. I use rtsp to connect to blue iris. Dropped connections happened even if the Wyze app showed cloud-connected, but sometimes the wyze app would also lose the connection, too. There just isn’t a bandwidth problem - the cameras call for about 20GB per day or less, easily within the scope of the Ubiquiti Nanos, especially because most other things are ethernet-connected. Sometimes the Ubiquiti app would show quality of service problems (showing the connection at 60-70%, though I’m not sure what the percentage actually measures), but other times Ubiquiti would show a 98-100% connection and still have a lost connection.

After months of dropped connections, I tried downgrading the cameras to 720p from the native 1080p connection. At first, I didn’t see any change – I think I had to reboot the cameras to enforce the setting change. But I’ve had almost no disconnections since then – two weeks with stability, which is far and away longer than any time in the past.

If you are having trouble, I recommend at least trying to reduce the quality. 720p cut the bandwidth use in half, from an average of 17-20GB/day to 7-9. The quality setting is visible in the wyze app when you click on a camera – you don’t need to go to settings to change the quality.

I still have one camera that occasionally disconnects but it is the furthest from an access point, and is exposed to many access points of my neighbors, and it reconnects in a few minutes, as opposed to before the downgrade, when it would go off for days. I tried downgrading that one to 360p, which while it cuts the bandwidth still further, didn’t make a difference in the stability of the connection.