Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan Firmware Released! 11/15/19

We are releasing Wyze Cam v2 firmware version 4.9.5.36 and Wyze Cam Pan version 4.10.5.34 today! This is in preparation for our upcoming 2.6 app version and also includes some bug fixes.

• Added support for Complete Motion Capture, an add-on service that will record to the cloud whenever there is motion. Free trial available after the upcoming 2.6 app update.

• Fixed an issue that prevented motion detection, notifications, and local recording in some Wyze Cam v2s.

• Bug fixes

11 Likes

On my Pan camera the “jump to” button brings up a share sheet with something called “Merge Video” see the attached screen video.

The Pan cam is running 4.10.5.34 on iOS 13.2.2 with the iOS Beta App V2.6.58.

This is from a CMC Video.

Wyze Cam V2, iPhone and iPad, camera keeps disconnecting. It’s unusable. I have 4 Wyze cams set up. Only updated this camera. The other 3 without this update are working fine. I think there’s a bug in the update.

My devices stated that they failed to apply the firmware, though since then they are unable to communicate with the network - I suspect this is why they state they failed. I am now unable to connect to my 2x V2

After I updated the firmware for the camera the sensors no longer connect. They state offline but the sense light is blue

Hi, @tim0383. Try this:

2 Likes

Hmm, given these reports and the Wyze history of releasing buggy software/firmware and crippling previously working products I think I’ll wait a bit (months?) before installing. :fearful:

How’s the Complete Motion Capture different from what we have now? When motion is detected, the video is already uploaded to the cloud :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Right now, the video is limited to 12 seconds, and after a video is uploaded, you have to wait 5 minutes before it will upload another 12-second video. CMC removes all of that.

5 Likes

All of my Cam Pan’s are now broken. They say only but fail to connect. They also keep spinning around, as if it’s trying to upgrade for upgrade keeps failing. Only started with this version,

Having similar issues. No cameras will connect anymore. I could connect for a bit but after trying to view recorded playback, nothing would connect anymore.

Applied the update to my pans, v1, and v2s without any issues. I used the multi-update function.

1 Like

UPDATE: Okay, so I found out that my problem is that the latest update breaks when having an SDCard plugged in. Never experienced this problem with all of the other updates.
Once I unplugged my SDcards, I was able to update both of my Pans. I formatted my sdCARD just to be sure and so far back up and working as before.

How about a yearly price at a discount for the Complete Motion Capture feature? Maybe a $5 discount if paid a year in advance?

2 Likes

Well that’s really intuitive - not. I get more disillusioned with Wyze every time they do anything with their software or firmware - one step forward and two steps back. :unamused:

Firmware that doesn’t install (twice now), firmware updates that break motion tracking, software updates that make cameras unusable, plugs and lights that take weekends off, plugs and lights that work differently depending on whether or not they are grouped. All this in just the 6 months I’ve owned Wyze products. I am about ready to trash all my Wyze products and move on. Better things to do with my time then deal with this level of unprofessional product development and support.

Not yet, but the feature just launched today. If you’d like to see a yearly payment option, you can vote for it here.

3 Likes

I just updated to 4.10.5.34 on my pan cam and I seems to have hosed it. It reboots, pans around a bit pauses and clicks a few times then reboots and does it all again. I can briefly connect to it with the app during this but have no control, if I hit a setting it says they are not are not saved.

Hello @drbayless and welcome to the community

I would try to reflash the firmware to an older version using an SD card and then try to update it again.

1 Like

Now u r not paying but with complete motion capture u will :grin: