Wyze Cam says Offline, but is definitely Online

@cf7
Can you tell me if the live view and events both work when the cam appears offline? I will get the log to the team Thank you

@cf7
If this is still happening or if it happens again can you submit the log this way. Go to Live View of the affected camera, go to settings (gear in upper right), go to Wyze Support (near bottom) and submit the log from there and post that new log number here.

2 Likes

Live view works.

Submitted log(s)

thx

1 Like

After having the group cam offline issue working and then not working - yesterday it suddenly was back to identifying as offline when it is not. This is only on the floodlight cam again. Nothing has changed except it’s back to square one! Is anyone else experiencing it again?

I’ve also been seeing this problem for several weeks. I have 5 cameras in group for the front of my house. All are current on firmware according the the bulk update under account. Two of them are showing offline, but if I click thru to them they are both working fine. Both are v3. I have submitted log files under the following ids

Very frustrating.

Same issue as I am having. This is not the first time this has happened (V3) but this time I am unable to update the software as it says the cam is offline. I am wondering if being in the beta test is worth the frustration

The latest version of this issue is now it is really offline. Started from square 1 and nothing has helped it to come back online. Ran the network test program and nothing. The eero 6 that it should be connected to is not the issue. Another WyzeCam v3 is connected to it and I stopped the 5 g to see if that was an issue with this cam. I have quit installing the Wyze products for issues like these.

Same here! Happened to my cam v3’s and floodlight. Power cycling sometimes works for some periods of time. Very disappointed and annoyed.

Latest update! I finally gave up and removed the Floodlight cam as it was still offline and unresponsive. The app indicated that it required update 4.36.9.131 but this was impossible to do offline. I was surprised that when I checked the micro card the cam was in fact recording to card all movement since the unit went offline. Apparently, the cam continued to work with movement (day/night) but the motion detector light (at night)did not.

Has to be a server or software issue. I’m on the beta test program and wonder if that is the issue.

V2 OFFline had bern an issue for last 6 months for me.
Wyze said they found the cause.

I unplugged power once then V2 neVer reconnect back to server.
Cannot register again.
took a lots of work to re-add camera.
it worked for 24hrs, then code 90 shown up. and no detection, no events.
Wyze fixed it again in 48hrs. no detection, no eVent and also OFFline.

just do not power cycle.

I’m sure they know what the issue is but why they have not consistently resolved it is a mystery. I have V3 on the Floodlight and suddenly it would work again and then return to offline (when it wasn’t). The last time it happened it went DOA. I just got the floodlight out of the trash and will switch Cams with another V3 that has not had an issue. Might be able to tell in my case if it’s the cam or the floodlight software.

1 Like

You are correct.
When one thought his/her camera out of the wood, bam, the same issue come back.

Only way to get Wyze attention is to submit log(S)., and post here.

I had similar issue. Had to hard-reset the cam (V2). Hold the reset button for about 20 seconds then re-setup cam again. That resolved issue, but after a day, it came back again displaying off-line. At this point, I gave up. Will live with it. Not a big deal, but an annoyance.

1 Like

I’ve run into the same issue with a new installation on a V2 outdoor camera. App says it is offline but when you click through, it works.

It’s startling that this problem has apparently existed for three years with no solution from Wyze.

1 Like

Yes - it happens to me as well - not as frequently though. Solution: Turn off - wait about 20 seconds- turn on and try again. Works 100%.

Normally that resolves the issue. I seem to have issues consistently with the pan cam and flood lights cams. The others only intermittently and are easily resolved. Ultimately the pan and floodlight go permanently really off line and then DOA.

The customer service answer is the wifi. Being a retired IT this has become a personal challenge. The camera are located in two different states and are wifi signal strength monitored. Both are mesh systems with other Wyxe devices attached (same device) that never have problems. If 2.4 signal is the issue why does it only happen to two cams?

1 Like

Still having same issue with V2 camera. PLEASE tell us how to notify Wyze of these issues faster where support does not give you the normal “canned” responses that we have all tried.

Has to be a Wyze server issue somewhere. Log 719074 if someone is watching.

Even though I can still see playback and notifications it is not working as it should. Like most we cannot always be told to reset camera or restart when these units are at other locations or high up on the house. We use this to keep up with MIL with dementia so I would like to ensure more reliability.
Thanks for listening. Have a good day.

1 Like

6 weeks! Wuh?? :woman_beard: :woman_bald: :woman_astronaut:

This has been a problem for over 3 years and they still haven’t figured it out yet??? I’ve been having this same issue for about 6 months or so where in the group list the cameras will say offline but if you click on them individually you can see what’s going on. But this is annoying because I need to be able to see all of them at once like as is intended in the group list. My son is autistic and he tends to elope sometimes so I need to have eyes on him at all times. This makes it hard to go to the bathroom or do things in another room or you know…have a life? And it happens REPEATADLY no matter how I fix the issue. It used to be just a certain two cameras that did it but now it’s all of them. I have 9 cameras to cover basically my entire house inside and out. I would have 12 but since wyze hasn’t been very reliable lately, when I’ve needed to replace old ones that died or discovered a new spot that wasn’t covered that my son was able to exploit, I’ve gotten a different brand because I don’t trust wyze anymore. So I’ve sent up logs and reported the issue over and over. I’ve done every troubleshooting they’ve suggested, I’ve even reset my router and deleted all the cameras and readded them all recently. And still nothing works. Currently only one cameras has managed to stay online in the group list now. I’ve about had it with these things. Maybe instead of developing a billion other products they should be working to make sure the ones they already had work properly? My cams are all v2 and black cams and I have one original pan cam. I refuse to upgrade or get the new outdoor or v3 cams unless this issue is finally fixed. It’s BS that it’s been a problem for this long with no real solution! I’ve had wyze cams since the beginning and am a pretty loyal customer but I’m super close to being done.

2 Likes

The same thing happened to me as well. It happened right after an update. Everything was working great until the update. And to make things worse, one of my cameras went from color to black and white. That’s never happened before! I’m getting so frustrated as well. I have to continually unplug and replug two cameras that go from a blue light to blinking blue/orange and they don’t work.