Wyze Cam Outdoor V3 (Battery Cam v2) Ideas

Are there plans to provide a wired outdoor cam so that continuous recording is possible? I know tons of time and energy are put into the motion detection AI, but even the best algorithms miss things. I have 2 other outdoor cameras that have a power wire(it is not all that difficult to get power to a camera mounted on a house). AND, the fact that the user can record to an SD card on the base station in the house is really an awesome feature. So, an outdoor camera wired for power, wireless for comms, AND the ability to continuously record to a remote storage is something extremely unique in this space. Pile on the fact that the base station is hardwired to the network thus not hogging bandwidth and you have a truly special product.

1 Like

They make flat Ethernet cables that are ā€˜aboutā€™ the same size as a flat USB cableā€¦ they are slightly wider and thicker but not by too muchā€¦

1 Like

A lot of people, especially those that choose wired ā€˜trueā€™ security camera systems run PoEā€¦ actually quite common.

1 Like

It would be nice to set the motion zone like on wyze cam2. Also would be neat to make the motion trigger an air burst or strong sprinkler spray to ward off unwanted pests and people that like to try and get in our cars at night!

Make the outdoor CAM that doesnā€™t require battery replacement

1 Like

#1: Allow it to be plugged in full time.
#2: Continuous recording, Iā€™ve seen motion detection defeated before. Continuous recording solves that issue.
#3: Motion detection needs a revamp.

Itā€™s a great camera, but we went back to using a standard Wyze Cam because it wasnā€™t giving us what we needed. The current outdoor cam has impressive image quality, thatā€™s about the only plus I can give it. So right now the outdoor cam is being used as needed.

2 Likes

I wish the outdoor camera could connect to a hotspot wirelessly. My remote cabin has a hotspot, not a modem, and as such, has no port to connect the cable from the base to the router. My other two cameras have wires that power it, but connect wirelessly to my hotspot.

3 Likes

I agree! I keep trying to experiment with placement of the outdoor cam to try and get a closer look at the cars/criminals that come by at 2 and 3am. The problem with all home cameras are they are too far from the street and the criminals know it. Canā€™t even get a facial, license plate or solid car make/model. I am finding this outdoor cam gets too much condensation on it overnight. It fogs up and doesnā€™t catch any motion at that point. Ugghhhh!

1 Like

I find the wireless is nice so you can experiment with moving the camera different places. Wired on the house means less flexibility with placement depending on the need. For example my Ring floodlights are ok but its too far from the street to get good vehicle make/model and facial video. We have an ongoing problem here with guys riding by at 1,2,3am stealing from cars in driveways, on the street, etc.,

1 Like

But there are many solutions people have posted (extenders/bridges/etc.) in the $20 range that will let your hot spot present a wired Ethernet port for the base station.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I never would have thought of that.

1 Like

Your correct about this except that it voids the warranty. Users would like to be able to do this under warranty and have continuous recording. Itā€™s basically not weatherproof anymore once you uncover the charging port.

I think Wyze should develop a solar outdoor camera. There would not need for charging if it has solar chargeable batteries.

1 Like

Ability to set the IR timeframeā€¦I have it set to automatic but itā€™s not turning on due to my landscape lighting so not getting IR at night. Another vote to adjust PIR field

1 Like

How about making it in black? I put mine outside my house in a tree and itā€™s very noticeable in white. For now, I covered the whole thing in duct tapeā€¦

1 Like

If you rotate the picture 180 for hanging cam from ceilings, then detection zone remains at the top of the picture. It should be the same as the other cameras which allow manual adjustment of the detection zone.

I have bought the rubber covers several third party vendors provide at Amazon, have run V2 cams now In New England weather no issues with cold, ice, rain, or snow. They still running fine. Two of cams have a plastic birhouse looking cover and have direct south wind exposure others have the rubber cover. All work fine.

1 Like

Wish the outdoor cams I purchased and installed recently had the siren feature. Prefer a battery operated version that I could use to scare woodpeckers away from cedar trim on the house.

Good luck with that. I donā€™t have woodpeckers but the birds relaxing on my V2s donā€™t budge an inch when I shout at them through the speaker theyā€™re sitting on.

On the Outdoor Cam, removing the silicone plug for charging at times is not the easiest, and has the potential for moisture to enter the case if it is not closed properly.
Iā€™m wondering if there is a way to incorporate wireless (Qi) charging into the next iteration of this camera? We are seeing more phones coming online with wireless charging, as well as other devices (such as certain brands of bluetooth earbuds), so base pads are becoming prevalent and cheap. It would be very convenient if there was a way to build in the charging coils, or however that works, into one side of the camera, and just set it on the pad for charging.

1 Like