Wyze cam catches murder suspect

First, I cannot thank the Wyze family enough. Your camera caught my cousins murderer. It’s amazing. Wyze is the best security camera. The police took the mini sd cards, saw the suspect, released the images, and she was arrested and now charged. Thank you thank you thank you.

See photos. I want you to see a screenshot of the image police used and you can clearly see the Wyze logo.

19 Likes

Wow, what do you say to that!?!? I hope your family is able to get through this awful tragedy!

4 Likes

Thank you

Sorry for the tragedy.

4 Likes

Wow. That’s awful. I’m sorry to hear about the event, but it does show you the power of making this kind of technology affordable for everyone.

3 Likes

Thank you. I really appreciate the kind words and yes it’s hard but I want to focus on exactly your comment. How amazing this low cost technology is. My cousin and I also talked about how great these cameras are and he had the sense and I’m sure other products. While of course I’m devastated at what happened. I’m so happy Wyze was instrumental in her capture.

5 Likes

WOW!! My condolences. So glad that the camera was able to help in the apprehension of the suspect…

2 Likes

whoa!!

4 Likes

No one wants answers more than me. But please can we keep this forum JUST about the camera and how it was helpful in identifying the murderer of a person.

Let’s leave the detective work to the detectives/DA/Defense.

The truth will come out eventually, for one side, or the other, and then a Netflix film.

4 Likes

That’s terrible and I’m so sorry for you :sob:

But I’m glad Wyze helped to catch her. I wish cameras were only for catching thieves and not murderers, though :frowning:

3 Likes

Regardless of the details, I think we can agree that it’s better for everyone when investigators/families/people have solid evidence about any aspect of what happened. Video evidence is about as solid as it gets, and I think it’s great that Wyze makes this technology affordable and easy for people.

4 Likes

A reminder to everyone in this thread to please conform to the Community Guidelines. I have removed some comments in this topic that did not contribute to the discussion.

7 Likes

How did the police get the videos?? I saw a bunch of idiots elsewhere talk about the quality of the videos but they don’t take into account that the quality of the videos shown on the news are usually degraded.

What do you mean “how did they get the videos?” I’m assuming the victim’s family gave it to them. Or the police found he had a camera and checked it themselves.

5 Likes

Police got a search warrant when they found his dead body and then took the SD cards out.

5 Likes

Great work by The cams

My condolences to you n all the families involved!

3 Likes

I just wanted to know specifically how they got to view the videos, which David22 gave an answer to my question, nbd…

Thank you. I went to the house today. Cameras everywhere. All different brands. He had all the tech. Bulbs, sense, plugs.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this I’m very sorry for your loss

2 Likes

WHAT THE HECK!!! I have my wyze outside and pointed out through windows. I have an Amazon CloudCam (I bought when they had them 2 for 1) in my living room, but am going to put a Wyze also in my living room for the 14 day cloud storage. World full of Animals!!! I love WYZE, best cams out there! Sorry for the tragedy…

3 Likes