Wyze bulbs connectivity issues with WiFi-6 Router

Hello, I recently installed a new Netgear WiFi-6 Router. And I had add back all the Wyze devices that includes a cam, few bulbs and contact sensor.

I initially had a hard time getting the bulbs added to network. It took several retries. After the bulbs connected, they went offline and since then I am unable to add them back to my wifi network. The Wyze app says ‘Connection Failed’. And now Contact Sensor went offline.

Anyone experienced similar issues with wifi-6 router? Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

Hey, @subbuk514!

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Wyze Bulbs & one of your Wyze Sense contact sensors.

Wyze Bulbs
I haven’t experienced this issue with the bulbs but I would recommend leaving the light switch on to avoid having connection issues if the power is off for a prolonged amount of time. You can keep the light bulbs turned off through the app or added integration (Alexa, etc).

In this case, you should reset your Wyze Bulbs by turning the power/light switch on and off quickly 3 times, waiting for the bulbs to start pulsing (they will fade on/off in brightness), and then setting them up like how you did initially.

Here is a more in-depth overview of this process: https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031018271-Changing-WiFi-and-Factory-Reset-Wyze-Bulb

Contact Sensor
You should try removing the sensor from your Wyze account and then starting the setup process again (add a new contact sensor → follow the prompts on the app)

Let me know how it goes,

/ken

I had the same issue when I gave some older first gen white bulbs to a friend. Her router is wifi6 and we never got them working. I’m android and shes iPhone, not sure if there is an issue there, but im thinking the issue might be connecting to the 2.4gh network as the wifi 6 is supposed to automatically choose the best betwork when connecting a device and perhaps its trying to connect on the 5g? Any way to manually choose 2.4 with a wifi6 router?

We tried at least a dozen times with no success and also kept getting to the “connection failed” screen

Fyi I just found this article after posting my comment