Wyze Bulb v1, Bulb White v2, Light Strip, Light Strip Pro Beta Firmware Test 6/8/2022

Loving the Blink feature now available in for Wyze Color Bulbs.

I’ve attempted to setup a Wyze Light Strip to Blink when the Refrigerator was open too long, and turned that off at my wife’s request due to her thinking it might trigger a migraine for her. So I deleted that Rule.

Them I noticed the Wyze Color Bulbs were invited to the game of Blink (yeah!) So I setup a Rule for One Wyze Color Bulb to Blink when the Refrigerator Door was left open for too long (tested with short times of 3 seconds so I didn’t have to wait for 2 minutes… saw that it worked… took it back to 2 minutes)

All was well, I was happy with the initial results.

I’ve NOT modified any other rules.

It’s now Saturday, I’m setting at my computer, having a cup of coffee, the Ceiling fan is in view just past my LCD monitors (Ceiling fan houses the four Wyze Color Lights that get triggered by many different Wyze Sensors and Wyze Camera events)

My wife opens the back slider to leave it open for airflow, that Wyze Entry Sensor SHOULD trigger 3 of the 4 Wyze Color lights in the Ceiling Fan to turn on to yellow (they then turn off by another rule after 45 seconds). This rule was setup prior to “Blink” being available. (The three lights (North, East, & West ‘point’ towards the back of the house where the slider is)

What DID occur, was the SOUTH light turned on to BLINK, and the North, East & West Wyze Color lights did nothing.

Strange things are afoot here.

How did my Rule get modified? Log ID: 609776

SJ

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.