Wyze Bulb Color and Alexa Scenes

I can see and control my bulbs in the Alexa app but Alexa does not discover any of the scenes I created in the Wyze app. Is anyone else experiencing this?

2 Likes

Following.

I’ve been using the original wyze bulbs in the living since they came out and we only ever use alexa to control them.

Tonight I replaced all the original wyze bulbs with the new color bulbs and already LOVE them. But the first thing I notice is Alexa doesn’t seem to understand scenes. She can change them all to color names on command but that’s much more limited than being able to create and save scenes.

1 Like

I have Alexa control the colors of my Wyze color bulbs via routines in Alexa. I don’t know the technical background, but I’d say alexa not connecting to the Wyze app scenes is the same as the Wyze app not interfacing with the alexa routines. They are processes that are kept within each app environment it’s just that the Wyze device itself can receive commands from alexa.

1 Like

Thanks. Same here. I can give voice control to one device but scenes is Alexa’s best way to control a group of bulbs with different values. I replaced 10 Fiet Electric bulbs with WCB. I love them as well and how the app works. But having Alexa recall the scenes is critical to my setup.

1 Like

Agreed. Maybe the interface link is just not finished.

I just received my Wyze color bulbs yesterday to replace my Lifx bulbs. I was so impressed with the smooth setup. However the scenes are not imported to Alexa app. I have day scenes so when I wake up I can say Alexa good morning. She gives me the weather and turns on the day scenes through out the house. I’m really bummed out about losing that functionality. :disappointed:

1 Like

Yes, I’m bummed about it as well. The app also only allows 10 user scenes. I have 12 bulbs and like to make a lot of scenes.
As for Alexa I went into the Alexa app and created routines for the scenes. Very manual, very tedious to program each step to get to the desired look for twelve bulbs. Not to mention it’s jaring because it’s not a smooth transition.
I hope the function is added in the future.

Yep, you have to setup an Alexa routine for each scene. There’s not as much control over colors and transitions but its better than nothing.

I will look into creating routines for my scenes. I was thinking about going down the IFTTT path, but routines might be simpler.

Feit scenes are linkable to Alexa. Wyze scenes are not. Philips are also transferable but require the extra purchase of their hub. Philips has a large library of premade scenes and can be customized. That’s probably factored into their price point. Feit scenes are manually created by end user only. Less expensive no hub required.