WYZE Buds Pro - First Impression

Great news @dvirgil13.

Check your touch controls, you can set them to change the mode. (Turn off ANC) I believe (without looking at the app) by default it is a press and hold of the right or left bud.

1 Like

Ok I’ll look again but I didn’t see that option. I know about the press and hold… I’ll check

I don’t know if it is an option. But pressing and holding either bud pro will switch between transparency mode and ANC mode.

Yes I know that, I’m talking about turning it off…normal mode.

Im sorry, so the press and hold is the right action but you cannot change the function in the touch control editor. Here is a screen shot for mode change as seen in the product guide. The press and hold toggles between transparency mode and ANC on. Even though there are 3 modes, ANC on, ANC off, and transparency mode. The press and hold only flips between the two modes. You do in fact have to go to the app to have ANC off without transparency.

The change control I was referring to is allowed in the Wyze Buds (non-pro)

Getting my functions mixed up for the different versions😉

Seems as if the Pro Buds should toggle all 3 modes… A recommendation for an update in the wishlist coming😃… is out there

Give it a vote

Sorry @Seapup, missed the existing request before I made mine.

2 Likes

No problem… happens to the best of us. :+1:

1 Like

Which tips do you prefer the most? The value pack or the Echo Gen2?

I actually like the tips that came from the Echo buds better… but it’s not because of fit, comfort, or sound blockage… its the screen guard. I often quick remove any buds that I have and throw them in my pockets, the screen guards keep the junk out of the speaker.
Comfort, Sound, and Fit were all comparable.

1 Like

One update over the last few weeks… I have dropped my case with the Pro buds in them a few times. Everything has held up well. Nothing broken, but, when that case hits the ground the buds come out like shrapnel on a fragment grenade.

Keep an eye on them. :wink:

2 Likes

Good to know the case is tough.
I actually wrapped a thin piece of bright orange electrical tape around the stem of each pod.
Drop one of these on an airliner and they quickly blend in, so a little something something to make them stand out will help.

2 Likes

So I got really curious about trying a different style of the comply tips… these are the memory foam tips. The ones I tested earlier were more elongated where this style is rounded. Well the result is pretty much the same as before.

This style didn’t make the ANC better. They also did not fit in the case, for the Buds Pro or the Standard Buds

Funny story update in regards to the Wyze Buds Pro

I was on vacation for Spring Break with my family. Prior to going to the beach and shopping at the local spots I was having a conversation with a coworker while getting ready to leave our rented condo… I know I know I don’t do PTO well.

So shaving while using my Wyze buds pro to talk, I pull one outta my right ear a little to keep shaving and talking to get under where the mic comes down, it slips out of my ear and falls right in the toilet. Like a bear fishing for salmon I went right in after it ( thank god an unsoiled toilet) with the quickness and would you know…. Still working days later!!!

The bud was submerged no more than a second but more than what would be considered sweat “moisture”. I have had no issues with it and did nothing more than shake it out and wipe it with a Clorox antibacterial wipe.

It took a s**tin’ and kept on tickin’

3 Likes

I’m incredibly jealous :sob:

I find the case is slippery, falls out of my pants all the time. 2 weeks ago I took my kids to swim class and the case falls out while I’m walking by the pool and as it hits the ground it comes open and PLOP my left ear bud goes in.
Someone fished it out for me as quick as possible but no luck, I now have one working ear bud :sob:
Of course the price is double what I paid for at the time and I can’t afford a replacement. Also, I feel like it would be such a waste. Wish I could just buy one replacement bud lol

Sad story…

I found the one thing that finally killed my WBPs… or at least the charging case.

I was doing some yard work wearing the buds and sat the case on the hood of my truck,
Was called inside and asked to go to the store to prep for a team get together I was having last night.

Completely forgot the case was on my hood and drove off.

On my return I had that sense of panic remembering I left them on the hood… as I pulled up to the driveway I could see the dark oval spot. Thinking ohhh man it is ok… I sprung from my truck only to find it was a little less round than before and had been driven over.

Fortunately the buds are intact and I bought a spare set awhile back ago during a great sale. But still, this set has been good to me and have been outstanding for 25 months. Sad I was negligent.

3 Likes

RIP R.Good OG Buds Pro.

Save your ear buds, then if you ever lose one of the others, you can just swap them out with the pair that are still in tact and use the functional case to charge them. :thinking:

3 Likes

Is the case for the regular buds and buds pro able to be charged wirelessly?

And has anyone found a protection case for the buds and buds pro case?

I think only the Buds Pro supports wireless charging.

3 Likes

Thanks , I’m looking into getting some buds pro to replace my 3 year old air pods pro that are on their last legs

1 Like

I’ve never owned or even tried AirPods Pro so I can’t be of help.

I’d start a new topic asking Apple users who own/owned AirPods Pro for comparative feedback between the two products.

1 Like