WYZE App Questions

I have a couple of questions that are probably listed somewhere in this community. I’m on overload right now and don’t have a lot of time to search. Is there a simple way (push of a button) in the WYZE App to be able to turn on all of our cameras to send motion and sound detection notifications when we leave home and then off when we arrive back? I can’t seem to figure it out so it works correctly. Can I find instructions anywhere?

Also, I’ve been having numerous issues with our WYZE sensors going offline frequently. I have changed cameras the WYZE Sense is attached to; we have great internet service. I unplugged the cameras, reattached the Sense, etc. Couldn’t find any other tips online. Don’t know what else I can do.

While all of the new products WYZE is releasing is great, it sure would be nice if they perfected the products they already have. Around 15% of the products we purchase from WYZE don’t work out of the box and have to be replaced. Bummer.

You can do this with rules. Take a look here:

You can also do it with location and IFTTT.

There’s a Wishlist item for location triggers in Wyze rules here:

This has been reported by many other users. I’d try power cycling the camera(s) that the bridge(s) are connected to. You can also set a plug (Wyze or other brand) to do this automatically.
Wyze will be coming out with a V2 Sense soon (no official date has been announced yet) that will have a stand-alone hub. That should be more reliable.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll take a look at the Rules link. I played with the IFTTT app, but I don’t know if that would work if both my wife and I are connected. If I leave the house and my wife is still there, the notifications would then go off when she moves around the house, correct? I only want to turn them on when we’re both away from home.

1 Like