Word of the Day

You call Chaos a mess, I call it beauty unchained.

1 Like

Thanks my friend. That’s a good thought to sleep on.

1 Like

Yeah, it is. I’m going to go save that in my collection of quotes. I just made that phrase up in response to your statement, and I love the imagery and don’t want to forget it.

The Frog croaked. :laughing:

1 Like

…and the Scorpion started a hedge fund! :blush:

Three, six, nine, the goose drank wine
The monkey chewed tobacco on the streetcar line
The line broke, the monkey got choked
And they all went to heaven in a little rowboat :notes:

1 Like

animality

carnality

concision

kerfuffle

You know, usually when places give a word of the day, they include the relevant definition(s) as well as an example of using it in a sentence.

Nonconformist

1 Like

This is more syncopated, last four go

Clap - Pat - Clap - Slap †

Ya dig? :sunglasses:

And the Cap-N is you being your usual perverse self, carbuncle… :kissing_heart:

1 Like

sop †

Eg

I’m sure it can be explained in a short paragraph (or less) but (to my knowledge) no Data Man resident is capable of such masterful concision.

:heart_eyes_cat:

stop everything!

to bring things to a screeching halt a national day of thinking about what just happened without five more events being piled on top

aka, productive pause, productive omission (of new information), you name it

to ponder to wonder to sleep on it

to turn one every which way

but loose

1 Like

Right turn, Clyde.

1 Like

Clyde had a mean right :fist_right:
Right Turn Clyde on Make a GIF

2 Likes

So, I just learned something else that makes this whole story a bunch of rubbish: scorpions can hold their breath underwater for 6 days. That’s way more than enough for it to crawl along the riverbed to get out or wait until it bumps into some rocks or something on the side of the river depending on how strong the current is. 6 days is a long time and they have a tough exoskeleton as armor protection.

In other words, the frog should just tell the scorpion to cross by itself slowly at the bottom of the riverbed. It has six full days to figure it out before it needs a new breath.

1 Like

It’s a parable. You can’t just rewrite the Bible. :man_facepalming:

1 Like