Wireless Cam

Hi. I currently have two Pan Cam’s and all is good with them.
While looking through the website, I noticed a wireless camera was available. I’m looking for some information about this camera. I have an area in my home that is fairly remote- that has no electrical outlets. I’m wondering if the wireless cam might be an ab option here - is it battery operated? Or, does “Wireless” refer to another feature other than the powersouce?
Thanks for your help.

Can you post the link you are referencing?

I just bought 2 of these. They still require wire for power.

The wyze Cam V2 must be powered to use (it does not have a battery), and is designed for indoor use (it is not weatherproof).

@mark.foran

As @Demonfire indicates, Wyze does not currently have a camera that is battery operated. However, an outdoor camera is in development that will have battery capability. See the topic, and specifically the post, linked below:

I’m waiting for the wireless version to come out. I’d like to replace my Ring doorbell with it.

There is a Wyze doorbell listed on the Roadmap

My bet it’s that it will blow out the competition!

1 Like

:grinning: I’ve been using my wireless camera and I do enjoy it. The images are super clear. I use both Ring and Wyze. I prefer the overall quality of Wyze and when Amazon Cloud went down so was Ring but I was still able to use Wyze. I hope they never sell out to Amazon. The one issue they need to fix is the recharging issue. I sometimes have to put the camera on the charger for days in order to get a full charge. Waiting for the solar charge, maybe that will work better.

Days to charge??? Yikes !!!. I have 4 WCO doing scheduled event recording to the SD cards in the cams. I normally charge them when they get to about 40% or when I take them down for something else. It takes me 1 hour 45 min. to charge from 40% to 100%. I’ve had these cams installed since October 2020 and I charge them with the supplied power adapter. Here is the charging for this year.

1 Like

Yeah, days sounds bad. Takes a few hours each for me.