What is considered a person?

Does a bird or insect considered a person?

1 Like

typically no. but the AI program is still learning which is why if you get something that is tagged as a person that is in fact NOT a person it is crucial that you sent that video in with the submit option and mark it as “i did not see a person”.

I’ve only had it happen a couple of times, but it was far worse when it was in Beta and it has learned so much since then. ( its like my little terminator child is growing up so fast!)

I have had it tag my cat ( as have a few others) as a person as well…:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I’ve had a bird and a grasshopper triggered it as a person so wanted to make sure that they aren’t classified as a person before I report that I didn’t see a person in the video. One of my camera is looking out a window screen, I believe that may be tripping up the AI.

1 Like

I have most of my “outside” cameras inside looking through windows. although its not recommended if you are a few inches from the screen, your windows has no reflective finish ( and is clean) and the IR leds are off. you shouldn’t have too much of a problem. but in recognizing we aren’t using them in the recommended manor they were tested and approved for, we are going to have an issue here and there. but I’m am amazed with my performance thus far.

I concur. All of my cams, so far point out of a window. Night vision works good even without the IR lights turned on.

2 Likes

totally agree. i have a v2 looking out a window without IR lights on for night viewing. next best thing to actually putting it outside.

1 Like