What exactly is the purpose of the Pan Scan toggle?

I have two Pan Cams that I have motor controls setup on to pan and scan different areas of the yard… and it works beautifully… but one thing I don’t understand is the toggle icon on the More icon (under the video view)… What is it supposed to do exactly?

I assumed that it was a toggle to turn Pan Scan off, so that I could manually move the camera view… but, after a few seconds, the camera goes right on ahead and continues its programmed pan and scan operation. The only way to stop it is to delete the pan and scan views. This is inconvenient and annoying, to be quite honest. I would much rather not have to reset those views constantly, but there are times I would like to turn off Pan Scan so that I can manually look around. This does not seem to be possible at present. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I understand; however, it does not work this way… at least for me. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app, updated all camera firmware, and am even using the latest beta version of the app. Everything works fine, EXCEPT that toggling the control for Pan Scan NEVER works. The camera will continue to pan and scan its saved waypoints whether the toggle is on or off.

I have a ticket started with Wyze support and they are looking into my issue. It may simply be a problem with my phone’s configuration or something (I am using a Samsung Galaxy S9+). I don’t believe it is a problem with the camera because I have two Pan Scan cameras and they both have the same issue.

Hi, @Nobody777! I’m glad you got a support ticket going for this issue. I know the support team will be able to asist you better and take care of the problem.

If you will post your support ticket number, we will make sure it gets the attention it needs. Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like