Weird Lights Captured

If the IR filter moved, you’d have seen the change in the presentation. From natural light to IR or whatever.

1 Like

I get those ghost spots constantly triggering motion alerts

1 Like

So do I. Have both pan and V2 and it occurs so far only on V2’s

I have this happen in my basement. It seem to just be dust reflecting the IR.

It’s a spider web

3 Likes

I am having weird lights also. I have 6 videos, but because I’m new, I can’t share them. I have had my camera for a long time. I use it for when I’m not home. This has never happened before. The family had all been in the living room…where the camera is located. The camera had obviously been off since we were home and moving around and watching TV. No notifications. We had gone to bed. My cell was next to the bed and I started getting motion notifications from the camera. Odd, I hadn’t turned the camera on??? How? I had gotten 6 motion events. I saved them to my phone. Each one has these weird lights moving across the wall. S freaky bizarre to say the least. Please help…#1 how could my app turn on the camera??? that creeps me out. #2 what is causing the little orb lights across the wall??? I need my camera to work correctly when I’m out of state. I can’t be getting these crazy motion notifications.

1 Like

I bumped up your forum trust level so you can post videos and we can see what you see. In most cases, the “orbs” you see are reflections of the infrared LED lights on the camera off of a surface that can move ever so slightly.

One reason the camera could have turned on is if there had been a power interruption to the camera – they come back up in ON mode. If you want to be absolutely sure a camera can’t come on, you need to either unplug it, or run it through a smart plug.

3 Likes

So if the app on my cell is off and the camera turns on, as you say, it will turn on the app on my phone?

1 Like

Don’t see any wings, so going with dust particles. The lens can focus very close, and dust particles and bugs glow in IR. I set my inside front door camera (only there when I am traveling) to minimum sensitivity, which usually eliminates these, but not things like people.

2 Likes

I agree it’s dust
Watch this video

2 Likes

Is there a HVAC register near the camera? It definitely looks like the IR lights reflecting off of dust. I’ve seen this many times. Even the smallest dust particles will look larger when the IR lights are turned on.

2 Likes

Yes, these are so small and close to the lens you would never see them if you were sitting there and looking for them.

2 Likes

Yes, it is near a vent. Thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you Loki.

2 Likes

Thanks Newshound.

2 Likes

No. If the camera turns back on, say due to a power interruption, that will not launch the app on your phone.

1 Like

Two strands of spider webs, without a doubt.
Probably the beginning of a web, caught in a draft, reflecting the ir.
Either that or they’re spirits from beyond. :rofl:
They’ve come to borrow a rake. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That looks like headlight reflections. Two moving in unison, possibly a reflection from something as a car drives by or turns . I would say try to recreate it.

1 Like

Definitely not headlights…this is from my backyard. I had like 6-7 videos, all similar to this. Turns out it was just dust particles.

1 Like

I’m getting the same thing off my camera randomly as well. Some times they float and move slowly and the other time it flew by the camera and the third and most recent it was like a string of them. What could it be? It will not let me upload the video since I’m a new user

1 Like