View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Why would streaming local camera video to a computer on my local network require using Amazon Web Services??

1 Like

@ericxob
Because they are routing it through the servers they use this way it can be viewed on a browser from anywhere.

3 Likes

Same issue also. Tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge on Win7 and Win 11 machines all with the same result.
Wyze Web Spinning
I eventually waited long enough and the stream did start. But having to wait 45+ seconds for each stream to start seems a little excessive.

Am I missing something? I have to pay $$$ to view the cameras I have already purchased? … Come on Wyze… really?

1 Like

@bpiepiora
Currently viewing on the web through this interface is limited to Cam Plus users, I do not know if that will change when the beta is over or not.

I’ve been hoping for this for awhile and I think it’s pretty good, but I have a few suggestions (that’s what beta if for, right?).

I would like to put the picture in a corner of my screen and just let it stream. I can’t do that as is. The web browser header and stuff take up a lot of useless real estate for stuff I don’t need.

1. I’d like to be able to get rid of all that useless browser stuff and get just the Wyze picture.

Mine stops streaming after a little bit (different lengths of time, the longest I’ve seen is a minute).
2. I’d like the picture to just keep streaming.
If I have to refresh every minute that defeats the usefulness of having the feature.

I have no idea how this works, and apparently it’s kind of complicated, so maybe this isn’t possible, but at least you heard me. Thanks.

1 Like

I have the same request to get rid of the clutter and not time-out. However, atm it’s not usable due to abysmal load times, etc. I see other web products that can do the Web relatively fast - are we running on a Commodore 64 by chance?

I have the same issue: live image does not load on Chrome or Edge (Windows 10), just the spinning circle. I believe this was true on two different PCs, one local (same Wi-Fi network) and one remote. Live image loads fine on the mobile apps (iOS, Android). This began Friday afternoon/evening, before then it was working fine. But the event viewing still works.

If that is the case, why do these features all work with the micro SD card removed? I understand that they totally just botched the entire first generation doorbell from the get-go and it makes sense why certain features can’t work on it, but they were talking about rtsp long before that doorbell was even like in the works… it would be fantastic to be able to connect that USB port on the back of the doorbell and send firmware at it like the B2 and pan where you can use it as a webcam over USB and just plug that into a raspberry pi and stream it over LAN :person_shrugging:. And considering earlier posts today, a raspberry pi is on the list of upcoming hardware but that could have totally been a picture confusion situation… IDK

The microSD card is not used for firmware storeage (system memory).
Firmware is stored on the device itself.

2 Likes

This isn’t working on Firefox for me (94.0.2, Windows 10). The video windows display the spinning “buffering” animation perpetually. On the same PC, I can see the video using Chrome.

Hello. I also have a disability and I am ecstatic that I can view my Wyze cameras on my PC even as the beta version at the moment. Before I tried tinycam, which worked okay for a week or two and then I had to go back and reorder my camera channels and that was a pain in the butt.

I also have a fire TV in my bedroom that allows me to call up one camera at a time and view it as well but sometimes it will play for a minute or two and then freeze. But I feel like that is a fire TV issue because it doesn’t do that on other devices regarding my Wyze cameras.

I know this is just the beta version and I see some improvements that can be made such as being able to select a time to watch the events instead of having to scroll all the way down. But I can actually see them where I could not on my android because I’m unable physically to use the android like most normal people do.

If you let me know what difficulties you are having maybe I can help because maybe I have had the same ones and resolved them. But don’t give up on Wyze yet because I feel once they get the final PC software out there it will end up doing everything we need :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello. Like you I have been hoping for this PC browser availability to view cameras and I’m so super excited about it. I think your idea of having just the camera in a small separate square in the upper corner is awesome. However, I am using the Google Chrome browser and my camera streaming doesn’t have any issues at this time especially if I am just dreaming one camera at a time. I look forward to seeing what they come up with after all of our suggestions and once we are out of beta version. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Go look at the Ring Web Interface - whatever they are doing, you need to copy. Their website lets me view cameras as well as a bunch of other stuff regarding locks/lights/cameras/garage. So it can be done right.

I have found that when the spin stops and the > shows in the bottom left that if I click the arrow it will provide a live picture. Sometimes I have to go to full screen first then click the go arrow. On the other hand there is no way I can get the doorbell pic to show no matter what I try.

When using web view, which works fine, the light on the camera doesn’t tern red.
I would never know when someone is watching.

1 Like

All my cameras that are hooked to the internet are outside so I haven’t checked them for this but I think this is very important. What about when someone views your stored information, like history or events? Will we be be notified that happened?

This is a great feature but wow, the ramifications are huge.

Sounds like you need to flash the RTSP firmware if you want your cameras to run locally. Their service always ran through AWS and never locally.

No, not true for viewing live or SD video. That is and was nearly always direct from the camera with regular firmware or with RTSP. Live and SD video does NOT go through AWS - the new web view and Alexa skill viewing are the exceptions.

(And even with RTSP Wyzecams won’t run without Internet.)

2 Likes

Off to a great start!

The web view for events is excellent. Much easier to navigate my 14 cameras’ events this way.

:point_right: Only issue I encountered is that some of the cams are shared from a separate account (they have cam+ too), and the web view doesn’t think they have cam+.

The interface is very responsive too. Keep up the great work team, and thanks!

1 Like