View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Events not working using Chrome browser on my iPad. Getting “no compatible source was found for this media” on a blank screen. When I hit the play button I get “application error: a client-side exception has occured (developer guidance)”
I’ll get my lazy butt up to test on my pc. So ready to ditch using tinycam pro on a firestick to stream my 4 cams. Looking at pc sticks now in preparation. Appreciate the hard work wyze is doing. Made it easier to keep my 4 subscriptions going recently.

Scratch my last comment. Events work on my pc.

Like you, the web view for events is much easier to navigate on my PC and I just love it. I think the Wyze team are doing a great job and I cannot wait to see the final product

1 Like

Not sure if these have been covered in this thread. If so, please forgive me. Using the Live Web View not all the cameras using Cam Plus show as Viewable. And those that have the option to view the live stream will sometimes just have a loading (spinning) icon. Also, the doorbell camera shows in landscape not portrait did not see a way to rotate the view. This is also true when viewing events on the doorbell.

When using the web view in a Chrome browser. I frequently get a spinning arrow and the view never comes on screen. Also, is there a way to rearrange the camera views? I have 8 cam Pans and would like to be able to arrange them so that maybe 3 or 4 of them can be seen on a single screen. I haven’t found a way to do it yet.

@carverofchoice, Do you have any advice for those of us that are trying to get the “view” to work with Firefox? I can get it working on Chrome, but my browser of choice is Firefox and will not work there.

Happy to take advice from anyone else too.

1 Like

I haven’t tried this yet, but one could TRY to run the webview in firefox in mobile mode and see if that makes a difference.

5 Likes

This would be great! FF is my primary browser.
I assuming the new web view was super broken since live view never worked.

Was excited to find this. Was super bummed with I tried and was immediately met with “device not supported” for all of my cams. To coin a phrase from Liz Lemon, “WHAT THE WHAT!?!?!?!”

I am using windows 11 Pro with Google Chrome, so far pretty good I get no sound though just a heads up. is this a setting?

No sound in the beta test version yet it is a work in progress

1 Like

Ok. First of all it is awesome that you have made this feature. I can finally put my NVR (milestone) setup to the grave. I do have 4 things that you I hope you will consider or implement at some point.

1. Please do something about the auto refresh / reauthenticate. Let the browser keep its login session for at least a day.

2. Let us define a view for the Web View, so you could only choose to view the cameras with subscription. So what I’m saying, don’t use the groups that are shared with the app, or at least create an extra filter, so it only shows cameras which is available with the web view.

3. I hope you will make a feature that allows us to access the camera’s continuous recordings.

4. Auto-start the live feed. No need to press play.

7 Likes

For some reason RTSP using VLC just times out after a while and never reconnects. I have to shutdown/restart VLC just to get the connection to be successful again…but, again, it times out after a while.

Please do something about the auto refresh / reauthenticate. Let the browser keep its login session for at least a day

I echo reaper’s request.

And I do so because I’m experiencing my WyzeCam V3 freezing up unpredictably, and each time try to reactivate it, I’m tossed back into the authentication prove-you-are-not-a-robot mishegoss.

It’s great to have a live view of my outdoor cam at my front door. But if it freezes unpredictably I can’t tell if it’s just quiet out there or it’s crapped out again. (BTW as I was writing this it froze again)

4 Likes

Do I need to be a paid subscriber of camplus to try the beta?

This is, clearly, a work in progress. Users can view recorded events yet, unlike the mobile apps, can’t do anything with them: can’t submit feedback about what’s been recorded, can’t download recordings, can’t delete them.

If the functionality between the browser and the mobile apps isn’t comparable, then the only use for the browser version is for reference or for real-time surveillance (which is probably not something most homeowners require).

Not working for me, just spins when I select a camera.

1 Like

Not a good launch, I hope you will be refunding those of us that upgraded to cam plus to see this work. I cannot even launch an event.

Same here even after disabling all antivirus and adblockers

Not working well. Only some of my cameras are working. Are you going to issue a refund for those of us who signed up for a year?