View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

A post was split to a new topic: Browser Camera View

Apples, and apples, and oranges. TinyCam is on Android and uses the regular Wyze/TUTK P2P stuff to get the point to point stream like the Wyze app does. The only time it needs to run its web server is if you want to access its video from your browser - it conveniently runs its own web server so you can browse to it and see a redirected COPY of the streams TinyCam is receiving from your Windows browser, Android browser, or anything else. The question is why Wyze and/or the TUTK P2P service won’t work with a modern browser.

Apparently TUTK DOES in fact offer such a feature.

TUTK’s WebRTC-based P2P video streaming solution with support for JSON command can be easily embedded into web-based fleet management platform for instant live view from any browser without a middle server, thereby significantly reducing costs and simplifying the solution’s adoption.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to sign up for the live view beta? I would love to help test this and use it on chromebook. Also curious on when the app will go live on chromebooks.

nixhome, do you have the steps you used to configure your cameras for Blue Iris, not sure what username/passowrd for Cam v3, also any specific ports / settings?

I don’t have V3 cameras but for V2 the RTSP path is under Camera settings > Advanced Settings > RTSP at the bottom.

2 Likes

for anyone who recently installed firmware 4.36.6.17 and can no longer connect to your Bluestack app. I was able to install the RTSP 4.61.0.3 and it allowed me to access my cameras again using Bluestack. FYI.

I have Bluestacks installed. I can see the live view on my Cam3, but how do I access event recordings? I don’t see any controls for that.

try clicking the video feed on the screen. then the tool bar should float out. That is how it works on mine.

Click on my games then click on the wyze app and wait for it to open
The wyze app in BlueStacks should look the same as it does on your mobile device, click on the events tab at the bottom.
It should look like this

1 Like

I would like to be able to log into my WYZE account on my PC and get access to my camera feed.

1 Like

We know some folks got early access but… The public beta for Wyze Webview is now live! :tada:

22 Likes

I used the link, logged in and got to the live camera page. It lists my cameras, but all are black and it says “live stream is not supported on this camera”. All of my cameras are V3. Is that correct?

7 Likes

Wow, seems like there should be a celebration or something, although it turns out to be a paid feature for now…

November 2018 to November 2021. Quite a trip.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m really glad that I finally got to be the one to say that this is in testing. I never begrudged the frustrated folks that didn’t believe me about it coming! It definitely took a while. Thanks for staying with us this far in the ride. :slight_smile:

@jereece, are any of your Wyze Cams set up with Cam Plus subscriptions?

5 Likes

Not now. I had a trial, but found no value in Cam Plus due to too many false notifications. For example when a car turns into my neighbors driveway and a headlight shines across my driveway illuminating my truck, Cam Plus gave me a vehicle notification and animals were mistaken for people. And since I have SD cards in each camera, I don’t need the extra recording time. So I could not see paying for it.

2 Likes

@jereece
Then it is correct for them to say they are not supported. The camera will only be viewable if it currently has an active subscription or trial

Your “rcaptua” blocks me

2 Likes

Oh, well the notice I personally received did not say that. Why was I notified about this if I could not participate?

1 Like

@jereece
I am not sure, the only notices I have seen were on social media. I do not work for Wyze, just volunteer time, so I am not always aware of the things they send out.

2 Likes

Meaning a good percentage of the 4367 votes didn’t actually get anything.

tinyCam is still working good for me.

3 Likes