View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

I’ve been using the app on my laptop through the windows my phone companion app. It works great but a native Windows10 app would be better. Thanks for the updates.

2 Likes

I have posted it a couple of times but nobody seems to be using it other than me? There is a very good program that runs under Windows 10 called “ScrCpy.exe” and what it does is to allow your phone to appear in a window under Windows 10. Here is the link for the program,

It is not too complicated to set up but there are two things that need to be done for it work properly.

#1 =You need to activate Android Developer mode. Here is a link on how to do that.

#2 - When the phone is first powered up, you need to connect your phone to an available USB port on your PC (also make sure your phone has WiFi activated to the same network as your PC) and when you bring up “ScrCpy.exe” it will first make a connection to your phone (using the USB connection) and bring up a window with the phone’s screen in it and you can control the phone from Windows 10 using the PC’s mouse.

#3 - Once everything is working via the USB connection, the ScrCpy Window can be closed and you can disconnect the USB connection. Then you can start up “ScrCpy.exe” again but pass it the IP address of your phone and the ScrCpy Window will connect to the phone using WiFi and the phone screen will appear in a window on your PC.

That said, I have grouped all my cameras (~10) into a single group under the Wyze App and I am able to get 4 cameras appearing on 1 window (I am including an image off of my PC.

As long as the phone is powered up, I can reset the PC and still connect via WiFi to the phone but once you power down or reset the phone, you have to go through the USB cable first to make a connection to the phone first before you switch back to WiFi.

If you need any help, just hollar, I made a batch(bat/cmd) file that initially steps you though the USB and then takes you to WiFi using “ScrCpy.exe” and I can post it or email it to you.

#3 - Once you made the connection using a USB port, you can close that window

3 Likes

Well done!

Please be sure to add the Wyze scale into your web browser app. I think I’m not alone in wanting a way to restore the scale data so that the purchase of a new phone would download the data from your servers.
Thanks!

Re: Why Web Viewing is not currently free:

1 Like

Using a mobile phone for a full day drains the battery on my Android very quickly. I am usually at work when using cams to monitor activity at my home, being able to monitor by logging into a site or app using my computer/laptop would be very beneficial.

1 Like

so how do we access the web version ?

They’re going to talk about it here in about 50 minutes from the time of this post:

In a few hours they’ll also be answering questions people ask about this and other stuff here:

So we’ll know more soon. We may not know all the details until it officially launches…today is the official announcement, but we haven’t been told the official launch day yet.

1 Like

And in addition to how can we access the web version, can we get STEP BY STEP instructions? It would be useful for those who are NOT as tech savvy as others.

Yeah, don’t worry about that. Even if Wyze doesn’t provide that upfront themselves (though they very likely may do so), there are lots of helpful people in here who would be willing to make step by step instructions like that, including myself, any of the mods/mavens or lots of other great active community members who do those kinds of things for people all the time. We’ll be able to get you taken care of when it’s time. If you need help after it launches, just post a request for help and you’ll get help.

1 Like

Sorry, I must have missed something. Is Wyze finally going to provide web based monitoring of cameras?

| carverofchoice Forum Maven
October 28 |

• | - |

They’re going to talk about it here in about 50 minutes from the time of this post:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GuI9vwLBF1c

In a few hours they’ll also be answering questions people ask about this and other stuff here:

reddit

r/wyzecam - We’re the Wyze AI team - ask us anything! - 10/28/21

6 votes and 21 comments so far on Reddit

So we’ll know more soon. It doesn’t launch until November sometime though, so we may not know all the details for a couple of weeks.

Yes

Patience grasshopper, patience

1 Like

Awesome news!

Thank you kindly :slight_smile:

If you’re a paying CamPlus subscriber.

Thanks for letting us know, @carverofchoice .

Alright guys, here is where they talk all about the New WEB VIEW feature, starting at 36:06 - 38:24

Up to 9 cam thumbnails all at once:

Or Go to the single live view much bigger or full screen:

Or go to events and filter everything to see exactly what you want just like in the app:

Works on Desktops, Laptops, tablets, smart TV’s, anything with a browser.

Q&A 49:40 - 50:26

QUESTION: Will you be able to live stream cameras on the live view that do not have cam plus or will it only be cameras with cam plus membership?

Shawn: So the plan for the web view is to be rolled out to the beta for testing first, and in the beta testing we will provide the access of web view to the cam plus users first and then we will decide how we want to make this open to other users based on the beta testing results so stay tuned with us.

Which is similar to what Jimmy said:

we’re hoping to expand it to non-cam plus cameras in the future, just being cautious! this is using new AWS technology that charges us by usage so it could get really expensive on our end really quickly depending on how it gets used.

A REDDIT AMA ANSWER ABOUT THIS:

TLDR; They’re going to Beta test the new web view with Cam Plus customers then make some more decisions based on that data, but they’d like to allow non-cam plus cameras to be able to do this if they can afford to.

On discord we (community members) were discussing how a possible viable option could be something like maybe Wyze can continue to let cam plus users stream indefinitely without limits, but allow free users to at the very least check in on some cameras, maybe fewer at a time or for a short/limited interval at a time or some other similar limitation to ensure things don’t get too carried away with millions of cams being watched without any income to cover to the costs…but allowing free use with some limits will at least still provide some great usability for other customers. We’ll have to see what Wyze finds out with the data they get from this cautious beta run (Wyze did not say this, just us community members trying to think of ways to suggest to Wyze how they might be able to expand this to all the free users as well while limiting the fear of costs getting too far out of hand).

I hope the above helps answer some people’s questions.

5 Likes

Great info, thanks very much carver. Still a mystery to me why this can’t be accomplished with the same P2P functionality used by the regular apps, which incurs no such additional cost from Amazon because the streams are direct from camera to viewer.

2 Likes

You can get the Android subsystem on the Beta Insider Channel and side load the apk with adb

Yeah, I have similar questions about that too.

We should’ve asked this in the Reddit AMA to see if Shawn or someone could give us some insight into why they are using AWS instead of a direct connection. Maybe we’ll get a chance to ask this on Monday during their Community Appreciation Day. I made a note to remind me to try to ask this if nobody else does.

I’m sure there must be a reasonable rationale or obstacle they faced, I am just curious what it is. I’m not a protocol expert, so I’m open to learning…but I notice that even Tiny Cam makes us set up a server before we can stream it a browser, so maybe there is some kind of weird server requirement somehow that I don’t understand…but since the App uses a lot of HTML and partially works as a browser itself, then why would it be so different? I do not know, but I would like to.