V2 light sensor keeps clicking

I have several v1’s and now 10(ten) v2’s that i ordered a while back, that i just got around to start setting up>

the very first V2, that replaced a V1 with night vision set to auto, clicks incessantly in low light, off an on off an on. firmware is updated. The V1 did not do this.
anything i can do to alleviate this?
i haven’t unpacked the other 9 yet…if they all do this the house will be clicking all the time.

Ya I second that, could we please adjust the light threshold. Around the sweet spot to flip it between the two, it flickers back off and then on.

I have one right now that is just clicking no matter what setting I put it. Off/On/Auto…I still get the incessant clicking. It is in my bedroom and it started last night. I unplugged it, plugged it in again.

Has anyone found a way to stop it? Reset it? Uninstall/then reinstall? Move it to a new location? Take out the SD Card?

Any ideas would be helpful!

Can anyone from Wyecam address this please?

I have 9 more units new in the box, it they are all going to do this then all 10 are coming back to you.

I am becoming more and more dis-enchanted with this product.

Update:

I moved the camera and it did the same thing.

Then, I took out the SD card and it stopped.

I found that the SD card was full, I formatted the card and returned it to the camera. No problems.

Secondary question: If the card fills up, does the camera not write over the older files? Or do we have manual empty/upload/delete/ and then re-format the card?

Thanks!

I don’t have an sd card in the one that is clicking

As soon as I took my v2 out of “auto” mode on the nightvision it stopped clicking, this of course happened right at dusk.

You could always open a support ticket if you can’t wait for a response in the forum.

I always figured it was probably a relay or some sort of magnetic noise (inductor coil bouncing) to switch on the four IR LEDs.

For a relay I’d be tempted to go in and figure out a solid-state version, or tune the sensor myself to be a little more hysteretical, but according to the photos at https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/wyze-cam-autopsy/, it seems like the light sensing on the V2 is now baked into the firmware rather than being on its own circuit, and there is no big component shown in those photos that one could attribute this noise to. Unless that’s an inductor on the back of the board that could be easily glued up with RTV.

What you are hearing is the mechinizum that switches the IR filter in and out of the light path. The issue has been discussed several times here. My guess is that a firmware change will add enough hysteresis to the control so that it only switches once.

and what has been offered by Wyzecam as far as a remedy?

to ad, i unpacked and setup 4 more of the 9 left that i have.
Every
Single
One
clicks back and forth between on and off in a low light setting.

Same concern with all 6 of my V2’s.
If Wyze is reading these posts, I have a suggestion: add optional time bracketing control for IR, allowing the user to set time windows daily to apply either of the 3 IR settings (on, off, or auto).

I use these cameras inside the house, in rooms where lighting is marginal while people are in the room, such as at night watching TV. The clicking is very annoying in that situation. So, I would have IR in the living room set to “off” between 6AM and midnight, when I know it will be daylight or the room is in use, and “auto” between midnight and 6AM.

I assume that could be done with firmware/app update.

Long-term, adopt a quieter relay for IR.

You might want to hop over and vote for the two Roadmap posts below. (You must click the VOTE button at the top left for your vote to count.)

i continue to have the same issue, fpr months, i was ocntacted to try to alleviate the issue with a custom firmaware, once, that FW made it worse, nothing since, i had to revert tio the latest release.

Several rooms in my home arent overly lit at dawn and dusk, and the sensor click incesantly for 30-45 minutes at least , daily ,if set to auto>
There cerainly should be a way to adjust sensitivity of when the IR is activated.