Trouble setting up Wyze Bulb

Hello, I am trying to set up a new Wyze Bulb from my Android device. I run into an issue where I connect to the bulb via WiFi per the app’s instructions. Within a few seconds on the next “connecting” screen, I see the bulb stop pulsing. The connecting screen goes for a minute or two and then it tells me I can’t connect. I have all the settings in my device set so that my device should not disconnect from the wifi, but it appears to do so anyway. What can I do to remedy this problem?

Edit: I should note that when the bulb exits its pairing mode, the wifi connection for the bulb disappears too.

1 Like

I’ve experienced this, too. With one of them it took 5 times to get it to finish setup. Not sure what you can do about it other than repeating the setup process until it completes.

Temporarily turn off mobile data on the phone during the setup process.

2 Likes

Like @Customer stated, turn off your devices mobile data. What is happening is that when you temporaryly connect to the bulb for setup, your phone is sensing that it can’t get an internet signal from that network and reverts to mobile data for an internet signal.

1 Like

Great to know! Thanks @Customer and @Omgitstony.

2 Likes

Yes, The first thing to do is to make sure your mobile data is off (airplane mode but turn on wifi.) I would also recommend that you move the bulb closer to your router to help minimize any interference that you may experience. Also, you can try setting up the bulb using another device (if available, like a tablet) as well.

1 Like

Hi @wolfpls254 and welcome to the community forum! :slightly_smiling_face:
Agree with @Customer’s suggestion. :+1:
Note the bulb only works on the 2.4Ghz WiFi. You may have to temp. shut down the 5Ghz WiFi especially if it has the same SSID (name).

1 Like

I have found that the device you are using to set up the bulb needs to be on the 2.4Ghz. My iPhone was connected to 5.0Ghz and it would not work. After I changed to 2.4 it worked.

1 Like