Timed Notification

I feel like this should be easy, but I don’t know how to do it. Is it possible to receive a notification at a certain time of day IF my Wyze bulbs are on?

Basically, when I leave my office, I turn off my bulbs. However, sometimes if I leave early or I think I’m returning but don’t, they stay on. I don’t want to auto turn them off each night because there are often times that I am working late and occasionally even overnight. I’d love if I could get a notification each evening, say at 8p, that says, “Your Wyze Bulbs are on” or something like that. Then I can decide if I need to turn them off or not. Is it possible?

Do you have a Wyze Cam on your account?

I do on one of my cameras. But none of the cameras are near my Wyze Bulbs

Thanks! There may be a way to do this with rules using the cam. I am currently testing a scenario to see if it will do what I want it to do.

Didn’t want you to think I was ghosting you. Will post back when the results are in.

The cam doesn’t need to be near the Wyze Bulb, but it does need to have CamPlus [Edit: or CamPlus Lite] for this to work.

Since the bulbs have no native capability of sending you push notifications, I had to find another device that could be triggered by the bulb to send a notification. That is where the cam on CamPlus comes in.

I built this rule: Trigger = the bulb has been on for 1 minute between 8:00pm and 8:30pm, Then Action = Cam to Upload a Short Video to the Cloud.

What that video records is unimportant. If the cam is on CamPlus and notifications for that cam are on, the Video Upload will send you a Push Notification of a “Smart Alert” on that cam. When you get that Smart Alert for that cam, you will know that it is because you have left the light on.

1 Like

Absolute genius. :clap:t3:

1 Like