The Rule Team would like you to vote on some Rule Actions

Guess you’re not seeing this?

Are you signed in?

/edit

Wuh. Top right of your screenshot shows you are.

Nope…not seeing that and as you noted, I am logged in. Maybe a browser thing. I’ll test with Chrome…I’m using Firefox.

Chrome not working either…

safari not working either.

1 Like

I just thought of one more rule action I would like for them to add:

• Custom notification message.

Let me custom write my own notification title and message as an action for any rule trigger. I have dozens of these set up in home assistant, including for Wyze devices simply because it’s not supported here. It’s something that a lot of people don’t even realize they’d want and love having until they’ve tried it. It’s awesome!

2 Likes

I’d vote for custom messages. Actually, I’d prefer it over any of the others.

1 Like

At the bottom are there boxes that show “Vote Now” and “Results”? I suspect the “Results” is clicked, click on “Vote Now”

2 Likes

Dude.

Exactly. Not something I’d considered, but when you mentioned it I could immediately see use cases for this.

2 Likes

1 Like

Click the vote button at the bottom of the results:

1 Like

Jason, thanks for chiming in on this thread to ensure people know how to vote. It’s good to see the replies to this thread are being monitored, I was starting to think all of the extremely detailed and comprehensive user/customer feedback that’s been shared was not viewed by anyone from the Wyze team. It would be great if someone from Wyze could chime in on all of the great insight from the replies to this thread (not the voting). Thank you in advance.

While I can’t speak for Wyze in this case, I can say that a previous employee once told me that in cases like this (surveys and polls, etc) Wyze employees have historically limited their interaction or the type of interaction they have in order to try to avoid swaying and invalidating the results. It’s preferable to make it as organic as possible. So I wouldn’t be too concerned about the limited interaction in this kind of thread in particular.

Thanks for sharing your experience, that does make sense. Though I do wish they would at least acknowledge the valuable feedback they receive as it is a bit discouraging to be met with silence. I might start a separate standalone thread to share my experience with Wyze overall, my several dozen devices, and thousands of dollars spent over the past 5 years. They are really starting to fall behind the market as a whole and unless they start taking feedback seriously, implementing industry standard features, acknowledging and patching bugs faster, and providing a better/more reliable UI/UX they are seriously at risk of losing me as a customer.

1 Like

Not intuitive, but that worked.

1 Like

Well, on desktop windows Firefox, the page just spontaneously switched from dark mode to light. Seriously :ghost:

My votes are in.

I don’t know when, but this appears to have been fixed at some point recently, so thanks, Wyze!

I’d like to add to this idea: Rules Actions should be smart enough to know the capabilities of every device in a group. What I mean by this is that every capability that is shared by all devices in a group should be available in the list of Actions for that group.

For example, if I have a camera group that contains only Cam Pan v3s and/or Cam OGs, then I should be able to select Ring as an Action for that group, because both of these camera types can act as accessory chimes and “ring” on a doorbell button press. As it is now, if I want to set a Rule that makes every one of those cameras Ring, then I have to do it per camera, because I can’t do it per group.

4 Likes

You did away with the Ring Command/Action when creating rules for the Wyze OG and Pancam v3’s. Bring it back

4 Likes

Now I wanna know about automate assist and how it works.

Is this poll still available? Any chance you have the link to it?

Hey! It’s in the first post of this Topic.

Using Brave chromium browser on a Windows 10 PC, I see this:

Click VOTE and the ballot is revealed:

If you’re accessing the forum from within the Wyze app and not seeing it, try opening a standalone browser, either on your phone or a PC. :slight_smile: