Take photo every few hours

Hi,

Is it possible to take a photo every few hours with an API or possibly with IFTTT? I know there is a time-lapse feature but that needs to be started manually and will just create a video at the end but what I’d like it just to have a few photos every day that I can look back on later to see how the seasons change our yard and street.

Thanks,
Peter

I don’t think there’s a picture option with Wyze through IFTTT, however, you can use Date & Time as a trigger to create a short video clip every hour or for a certain time each day. It would look like this:

Hi,

Yeah, I found that but all I really need is just a photo. Seems like a simple thing especially if recording a short video is already supported.

Thanks,
Peter

I’m not familiar enough with Tasker to speak to it, but it may be an option.

Is there a better place to ask this question where Wyze people could answer or the forums are all just community support?

Forums are all community support.

Since Wyze isn’t an expert on all the apps and programs that their products can be used in (and usually don’t provide support for 3rd party systems because it’s outside of the Wyze ecosystem), you’re typically better off asking around here or on the Reddit group.

If you’re familiar with Tasker, there might be a way to set that up to do what you’re looking to accomplish. I’m not at all familiar with it, though.