Snowing in my basement

No, not under the camera. It is in the basement… On the first floor ABOVE the cam.

You know, clog dancers in the kitchen shaking the dust from the rafters… Trampoline acrobatics in the living room… Jumping on the bed.

Has this happened again or was it a one time thing?

Yes it has happened twice now.

This happens to me regularly in my basement. I can’t figure it out either. It happens even when no one is home. I think it has to be dust moving in the air. I have also stood in the middle of it when it happens, but I can’t see or feel anything. A mystery!

Do either of you have a way to graph humidity levels? Hubitat Elevation, SmartThings, or one of the other smart home brands have this capability.

I am still leaning toward humidity. Assuming you have cameras upstairs and you don’t see it on the upstairs cameras, I’ll wager it is humidity.

I have seen what dust looks like. It doesn’t fall like snow. More random like a bunch of gnats.

The video doesn’t play it all for me. It’s a black screen with a slash through the play symbol

1 Like

I don’t have a way to check humidity levels, but I may try that. Thanks for the idea.

I don’t think it is anything to be concerned about but would be nice to know, especially since two people see it on their cameras.

Seriously I’m still going with old sawdust / plaster / dust settling due to assorted house motion.

What happened to the video.

Still there for me. Also, welcome back from 3 years ago.

Worst. Housekeeper. Ever. :laughing:

But then no one keeps up an unfinished basement! :grin:

That’s the most snow I’ve ever seen, tho. :flushed:

I get that outside and inside my chicken coop. I can’t see it with my eyes, but I can when the camera is running. There are a lot of tiny particles flying around out there.