Smarter, Better, Faster, Stronger: Wyze Robot Vacuum! 11/10/20

Any particular future upgrade plans in mind?

Will it work with Google or Alexa?

3 Likes

Vacuum size (length x depth x height): 13.8in * 13.8in * 3.7in

Charging Station (length x depth x height): 6.06in * 2.95in * 3.90in

They recommend space of 0.5m on both the right & left sides of the charging dock, and a space of at least 1.5m in front of it.

2 Likes

I would totally buy it. If only, you know, remember that Canada exists. =(

11 Likes

No mention on the website or FAQ on whether it can store maps for multiple floors. I assume that means single floor mapping only?

2 Likes

At this time it can be used on 2 floors, but it would create a new map when it is introduced into the new environment. So it deals with only the floor it is on. Multiple floor support is coming, however. The software is still pretty new.

4 Likes

@charlie82671, sorry to hear this! What happens when you try to order? I’d recommend contacting Wyze Customer Support about that.

@carverofchoice, we’ll have Alexa later but are still discussing Google. We’ll also have the ability to store maps of multiple floors in the home!

@Newshound, thanks for the help!

@katriik, we are SUPER looking forward to having Canadian shipping finalized so we can ship to you directly! Still making progress, I promise! :smiley:

@braden, single floor for now but we’ll have multi-floor saved maps later.

5 Likes

So you could only do selective cleaning once it has re-mapped the floor? And it would need to re-map every time you change between floors or it can store the original map to start using again when it’s moved back to the primary floor? Thanks!

Thanks @UserCustomerGwen! To clarify, you mean multi floor mapping will be available in a future firmware update? Or in a future new hardware model? If it’s firmware I’m ordering now :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s firmware! :smiley:

6 Likes

Awesome info Newshoound, just what I was looking for!

2 Likes

What does single floor mean? Will it work if the wooden floors also have area rugs?
I ordered one and the order went through fine for me.

1 Like

Many houses have one level but some have stairs and such and are multi-level. Right now, it saves the map for one floor but we’ll add multi-floor map saving later! You can use it on wooden floors with rugs and it will transition between flooring types well (as long as you don’t have shag carpet that is too long). :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That’s what my wife wanted to hear: multilevel support eventually! I guess we’re sold after that, so thanks.

As for Google, I understand they’ve been complicated lately, for lots of places… Then there is how they’ve dedicated their efforts to dropping “works with nest” to create some new “works with hey google” integration instead, so old integrations have been getting ignored and companies losing connectivity. I guess, just be patient and don’t totally write off Google… They aren’t as developer friendly as Alexa right now, but I understand they’re working on making improvements…

1 Like

How does this handle dog hair? I know robo vac’s aren’t the best with that.

2 Likes

Ahh, one LEVEL. I feel dumb now! My brain went to floor type when i read single floor.

3 Likes

I mean no insult or harm here, but for the first time, I believe a product from Wyze has strayed from your mission. There are already many comparable products at this price-point. Some of those are from companies with an established reputation in the robot vacuum market.

Every other product in the Wyze stable takes an existing market and shakes it up by offering quality (although not typically high end functionality) at extraordinarily fair and reasonable prices. That isn’t the case here. Sure it might be cheap at the pre-order level, but so to are other products from up-and-comers trying to break into an industry.

This product just doesn’t make sense in the Wyze Universe. I wonder if Wyze is struggling financially and the solution is to flood the market with tons of new products. I hope not, as I like Wyze. I just don’t like this decision.

2 Likes

How well is this vacuum going to work on dark carpet?

I want one. But it wont ship to Canada. :frowning:

I have a Neato that I love as it was so smart, but its broken. I have a much older Roomba that works but it has no brains. This looks great. I’ve love to get one for my main floor so I could let the Roomba go live in the basement. I really want that built in virtual wall feature.

Everything is long past warranty so this would be as cheap as fixing the old stuff and likely be much better. But… I can’t order in Canada.

Cal.

2 Likes

There is a warning that some dark carpets cannot be cleaned. My guess is because of the sensor light absorption? I don’t know. They also ask it not be used on shag carpets (carpets with very long fibers).

1 Like

How long does it run on standard mode and how many sq.ft can it cover in one charge. Trying to compare against my roborock which can do 150mins and can cover 150sq.m in one charge

And does it remember to contine where it left off after a charging schedule didn’t complete the full map due to running out of battery